where to park on wednesday?

Guest jdxxx

Hey all :)

I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to park anywhere else other than brown carpark on the wednesday as every year this is where we end up.

We really wanna camp in yellow or white but we always end up campin in green as its such a long way from brown carpark :(

Cheers

Hey all :)

I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to park anywhere else other than brown carpark on the wednesday as every year this is where we end up.

We really wanna camp in yellow or white but we always end up campin in green as its such a long way from brown carpark :(

Cheers

No f**king way am I paying extra just to be shoved into the car park next to the field that's farthest away from the arena.

If people come in cars then the chances are it's because they're carrying a ton of shit. If they get to the festival and they're immediately shoved into Brown - granted the fact they still have a ton of shit to carry - the chances are people will want to carry it as little as possible and just end up in Brown anyway. You'd think the Festival Nazi's would at least be a little bit consciously aware of this and take into consideration the fact that most people pay extra to get a choice spot in whatever car park they fancy without having to lug around their shit from field to field the minute they get there.

At the very least they should supply us with trolleys so that those parked in Brown with early entry tickets can cart all their shit down to whatever field they want to camp in.

Every year we've drove down on Wednesday we parked up in red/orange. Last year we arrived about 5pm and were parked up next to Lord Bingley's Gate, right next to where we wanted to camp.

This year the info page says that red car parks are for Thursday only, and all the directions given point towards brown car parks :(

We got there early evening on wed last year and ended up in brown carpark, then walked to red campsite. Fully expecting the same situation this year so giving some crates of beer to a friend who is arriving on thurs in the hope that they will be parked nearer to our camp spot.

I'm saving up for a small helicopter which should make transporting all my stuff a lot easier in 2021 :P:lol:

These are the types of comments you get for trying to help people, sheesh :P. Being able to walk straight back in once you have your wristband isn't exactly well known at Leeds judging by the tens of thousands of people that shuffle slowly towards the gates each year, huffing and puffing trying to manage carrying all their stuff in a queue that might be anywhere from 1 to 4 hours.

By the way, I just found this information on the website, which sounds interesting:

Once onsite, please follow the instructions of the traffic marshals and park where they direct you to park. You can get to all of the campsites from all of the car parks. The car parks are filled in a particular order to maximise the volume of cars coming into site at peak periods. If you arrive via Brown Gate it does not follow at all that you will be parked in the Brown car parks. It completely depends on your time of arrival. So if you have been before, don’t try and head for a favourite parking space, but follow the directions of the marshals. All of the car parks are within reasonable reach of a campsite gate.