1st time camping (when to arrive)

Guest marlippa

hello creamfielders !!!!

long time reader first time poster :D

this will be our groups 3rd year in those creamyfields but our first time camping !

question 1 - basically were coming from sheffield and were planning to get to the carpark (which the cream site says opens at 7am)

so we were planning on setting off from home at about 3:30 - 4 to get to cream for 6:30 ish !

is it busy at this time ?

or are we going to get good spots etc if we come later in the morning ?

question 2 - as we have only been for a full day each time and no camping how does the queuing work for camper on the 2nd day ?

do you have to cue again in the massive que that the day queuers go through again ?

many thanks for looking

marlippa !

i wouldnt know about the Q's early in the mornin cos last year we didnt arrive til 1ish but im guessin the earier u are the better place ul get in the Q but im sure the actual gates dont open til 9 so be prepared for a long wait!

unlike the single day entry with the camping u get a camping wristband so after the event finishes on the saturday night u go to the campsite and on ur way u get ur band checked to make sure ur not sneaking in but when u get up in the morning or whenever u just walk back to the entrance to the arena where every1 Q's to get in (where they do the searches) saying that im not even 100% sure if thats where the single day ticket holders go in or if they have a seperate entrance?

hope this helps anyway :)

i wouldnt know about the Q's early in the mornin cos last year we didnt arrive til 1ish but im guessin the earier u are the better place ul get in the Q but im sure the actual gates dont open til 9 so be prepared for a long wait!

unlike the single day entry with the camping u get a camping wristband so after the event finishes on the saturday night u go to the campsite and on ur way u get ur band checked to make sure ur not sneaking in but when u get up in the morning or whenever u just walk back to the entrance to the arena where every1 Q's to get in (where they do the searches) saying that im not even 100% sure if thats where the single day ticket holders go in or if they have a seperate entrance?

hope this helps anyway :)

Hi,

Me and me girlfriend wer there last year we arrived at the sign giving directions for the car parks etc, We had to Q for 1 + 1/2 hours just to get to the car park and this was about 11.30am so by the time we got into the campsite it was about 2pm. I would def rec going as early as poss. We are going again this year and setting off from Hull bout 6.30am, so might be a little bit easier.

Hope this helps!

ROLL ON CREAMFIELDS! ;)

Edited by coolhull