anyone got their tickets yet?

Guest Marshall

was hoping mine would arrive by today as they're being sent to my mum's house and have to arrange with her to collect them. i go away tomorrow and she goes away next week hence me having to pop over on thursday next week in hope they have arrived.(stepfather bought my ticket for me)

Edited by Marshall

oh god now I'm confused!! the ticket wasn't bought in my name(they didn't accept electron cards) so wont have any id on me if they need me to pick it up there. was told i have a proof of purchase voucher. just don't wanna go all the way to leicester without a ticket and not get in.

I'll copy some relevant bits of the letter out in case anyone hasn't yet received it:

For security purposes, and to avoid any postal delays, weekend tickets will not be posted to customers this year and must be collected from De Montfort Hall Box Office.

(from the box office from this Friday to Monday 9th, then from the festival main entrance from Tuesday onwards)

Please remember to bring proof of ID with you, which is required for ticket collections and your booking receipt in case we need to verify purchase. The 4 forms of photographic ID which will be accepted are: Photo Driving Licence, Passport, CitizenCard, or PASS card.

You will, of course, be able to claim a refund at our box office for postage paid at the time of your original ticket purchase.

also i think it's a bit bad springing it upon people that they'll need certain id with just over a week to go. How would someone be able to get any in that time if they haven't already? i know my situation is slightly different. Just worried now that i may not be able to attend. if they'd stated this when tickets went onsale i wouldn't have bothered.

Edited by Marshall

also i think it's a bit bad springing it upon people that they'll need certain id with just over a week to go. How would someone be able to get any in that time if they haven't already? i know my situation is slightly different. Just worried now that i may not be able to attend. if they'd stated this when tickets went onsale i wouldn't have bothered.

This irks me ever so slightly I live 250 miles from Leicester so won't be able pick them up till Friday, I chose to have them delivered rather than pick them up at the box office as I'd rather not queue. Perhaps next year you could save people the inconvenience and just remove the option to have them posted. See you in the queue next week!

come on everyone its not that big an issue is it? i have had to collect tickets before and the queues were only about 5 minutes long. i'm sure a lot will have been collected in advance so let shope its ok and it seems it wasnt SSWs fault. lets get some posistivity going, after all this time next week its fringe time!

Surely this isn't that big a deal... I would rather collect my tickets on the day than have them go missing in the post somewhere along the line. I'm pretty sure it's the same system that has been employed in previous years and I think I have had to queue for 3 or 4 minutes in the past... Just relax and look forward to the music :)