weather thread

Guest brettredmayne

I was thinking after last year that I'd probably be able to get away without bringing any wellies, but given the recent weather I'm definitely not going to risk it.

It was pretty damn cold last year - especially on the Thursday and Friday nights. I was sleeping in about 3 layers of clothes underneath my sleeping bag and blanket, and I still lost feeling in various body parts!

I'd like it to be a little drier this year too. Or at least, I'd like the festival organisers to get their arses into gear a little bit faster with laying the woodchippings to soak up the rain a bit. It was ridiculous how muddy it got for how relatively little rain there was last year. I mean, there was a pretty bad downpour on the Friday (around the time that Them Crooked Vultures were on stage) and we had the odd shower here and there throughout the weekend, but it's not like it was torrential or anything. They need to have an effective strategy to cope with rain, especially if the main route from the campsites to the arena is up a bloody hill!

f**ks me off, the weather. Weather presenters and the futility of their existence f**k me off even more.

What is the bloody point of checking out some long-range weather forecast to see what it'll be like next week? You might as well chuck f**king cat intestines against a wall and work it out that way.

If it rains, it rains. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Stop worrying about it, stop hoping for sun or praying we get no rain - just go and enjoy yourselves.

That girl who lost her wellie in the mud screaming for help but everyone laughed was most probably me. Eugh I hate mud. 2008 was terrible but fun all the same. This year I'm praying to the sun gods to take pity on 2010. But then again knowing my luck it'll piss down regardless.

Oh! Oh!

*shakes in nerd rage*

f**king weather reports!

All of the damn websites and forecasters use the same masts and observation stations, and all produce different results on different days. Let's face it, we won't know the weather until we go to the festival and see it for ourselves - so use your common sense and take both types of clothes. In the meantime, don't panic.