weather thread

Guest brettredmayne

"UK Outlook for Tuesday 17 Aug 2010 to Tuesday 31 Aug 2010:

The second half of August will see further spells of rain or showers, mainly in northern and eastern parts of the UK. The south, and perhaps more especially the southwest, faring the best. This is where the driest, brightest and warmest weather is likely to be be. Rainfall amounts should be mainly average or below average across southern and western parts, but may end up above average in parts of the north and east of Britain. For much of the UK, temperatures and sunshine amounts should be around average, although there are some signs of it becoming occasionally very warm and sunnier in the south and southwest, but perhaps occasionally below average in the northeast."

According to Met Office.

My moneys on no sun :(

I can cope with some rain during the festival but its the few weeks before that's worrying. Its rained nearly everyday for the past few weeks, if that happens during the run up to leeds its gonna be 08 mud all over again.

Hoping FR learnt from there 08 mistakes and are prepared if its gonna rain the whole week before leeds.

After a sunny, rain free glasto I think karma is gonna come round for me during leeds fest

I can cope with some rain during the festival but its the few weeks before that's worrying. Its rained nearly everyday for the past few weeks, if that happens during the run up to leeds its gonna be 08 mud all over again.

Hoping FR learnt from there 08 mistakes and are prepared if its gonna rain the whole week before leeds.

After a sunny, rain free glasto I think karma is gonna come round for me during leeds fest

Weather reports really mean nothing at this time

I remember an article a few weeks ago saying Big Chill was going to be the sunniest weekend of the year

Big Chill's this weekend and its pissing it down

And Download last year was the opposite right up until we set off

Expected downpours and got blazing sunshine :)

I had fun in 08 but I arrived after the rain and it was my first ever festival so I imagine I was too excited to care

Although the fact the bottom of my wellies fell off on the Thursday did make it awkward lol :P

Gonna get what we get but I wouldn't mind a bit of sun this time round

I'd like it to be dry and quite warm. I couldn't deal with the rain like Leeds in 08 and I couldn't deal with it as hot as it was at Glastonbury this year. Somewhere in the middle would be great.

I dont mind the rain, leeds wouldnt be the same without rain,. BUT it took the mick in 08, that hill in the mud was really bad!

I remember seeing the mud strewn around and at random intervals a shoe or a welly sticking out of it from where some poor sods lost them lol

I dont mind the rain, leeds wouldnt be the same without rain,. BUT it took the mick in 08, that hill in the mud was really bad!

I remember seeing the mud strewn around and at random intervals a shoe or a welly sticking out of it from where some poor sods lost them lol

I'd like it to be dry and quite warm. I couldn't deal with the rain like Leeds in 08 and I couldn't deal with it as hot as it was at Glastonbury this year. Somewhere in the middle would be great.

I've been to Leeds the last 10 years and the weather has always been alright. OK, 2008 the rain was awful on the Wednesday, but by the Thursday it has stopped, it was just muddy. Other years there have been short downpours but never prolonged spells of rain.

I'm getting a trifle worried about this year mind. I live in Middlesbrough, an hour up the road from Leeds, and i'm pretty sure it's rained every day this month so far:\

Edited by Dropkick Murphy

I've been to Leeds the last 10 years and the weather has always been alright. OK, 2008 the rain was awful on the Wednesday, but by the Thursday it has stopped, it was just muddy. Other years there have been short downpours but never prolonged spells of rain.

I'm getting a trifle worried about this year mind. I live in Middlesbrough, an hour up the road from Leeds, and i'm pretty sure it's rained every day this month so far:\