We need the excitement guys!

Guest hoolyberry

Thing is though this will be able to be said about most of the bands at V.

Kasabian have only had 3 albums, Limp looked like they were gonna take over the world after there third album. I wouldn't count your chickens, I think Kasabian are a very good band and probably will stand the test of time but who knows. With Kasabian like I say three albums is not many, Blink have 5 or 6. I think blink 182 are at there very peak at the minute that they will ever get. Because of the length of time they have been away and the fact that they were very popular when they split allows for this. In the future though going forward, Kasabian will be ready to take those headling roles, its easier to get V headliners cause they always seem to book the type of throwaway fad headliners. If bands are good enough they will step onto R/L, T and glasto headliners. But how many can.

Thats the thing with booking the now, a load of them are time specific, and are drivin by fads which come and go very quickly, this includes the new metal phase etc.

But every so often you get a band that just don't seem to age and sound as fresh as they ever did. These bands are essential to festivals.

Thing is though this will be able to be said about most of the bands at V.

Kasabian have only had 3 albums, Limp looked like they were gonna take over the world after there third album. I wouldn't count your chickens, I think Kasabian are a very good band and probably will stand the test of time but who knows. With Kasabian like I say three albums is not many, Blink have 5 or 6. I think blink 182 are at there very peak at the minute that they will ever get. Because of the length of time they have been away and the fact that they were very popular when they split allows for this. In the future though going forward, Kasabian will be ready to take those headling roles, its easier to get V headliners cause they always seem to book the type of throwaway fad headliners. If bands are good enough they will step onto R/L, T and glasto headliners. But how many can.

Thats the thing with booking the now, a load of them are time specific, and are drivin by fads which come and go very quickly, this includes the new metal phase etc.

But every so often you get a band that just don't seem to age and sound as fresh as they ever did. These bands are essential to festivals.

Edited by riizch

I think the last post by Kev says it all really. You always need a good mix of acts at a festival, old and new. I've always thought that the best lineups are the ones that have one widely-popular, well-established headlining band (kind of like Blink, or perhaps Kasabian), one headliner that's current and at the peak of their game (Arcade Fire, Killers, that kind of thing) and one truly legendary headliner, such as Guns, Metallica and the like. It's a little bit of something for everyone, combining current trends with well-known favourites, plus something just a little bit special. I mean, how often do you get to see huge bands like GNR at the top of a bill full of quality? If I pay £200 for a festival, I want to come away from it feeling like I've seen something pretty damn spectacular...not like I've just come back from a bigger, outdoor version of the NME tour.

The NME tour is in the tent as always !

Hey , I am so up for Arcade Fire , the new album has been getting excellent reviews. Personally I think

R & L should not have gone with both Blink and GNR as headliners , Leeds has had some incredible headliners , and I do not think Blink are that , they should have slotted under G N R.

Personally , although I love Leeds , V has a far better line up .

I think there is too much of a reliance on American bands , and quite a few are past there best , Leeds

should have looked to the present and the future not the past so much.

They should have stuck Blink down a notch and booked Kasabian , they are well established and more worthy of a headline slot.

Edited by stephen07

They are getting more money for V, most likly booked for the slot at V last year.

I dont care whos on , i just like Leeds festival..........

Would have quite liked Kasabian myself , Radohead again would have been even better.

Not a blink fan myself but will be watching them,

I think the Leeds excitement is getting to me now

I've been lucky and avoided nobheads every time I've been and tbh it's probably my favourite festival

The line-up's class, the atmosphere's always brilliant and I only have good memories of the place :)

I'm a bit fed up of everyone going on about Glastonbury as the be all and end all of festivals

I'm sure it's amazing and can't wait to go, but for me at least, Leeds is the biggie

I think the Leeds excitement is getting to me now

I've been lucky and avoided nobheads every time I've been and tbh it's probably my favourite festival

The line-up's class, the atmosphere's always brilliant and I only have good memories of the place :)

I'm a bit fed up of everyone going on about Glastonbury as the be all and end all of festivals

I'm sure it's amazing and can't wait to go, but for me at least, Leeds is the biggie

I am sorry but Glastonbury is ! , they could not have any bands playing and they would prob still

sell all the tickets.

I did not really see many bands again this year , only Muse and Faithless on the Pyramid , but still

had the most fantastic time.

Three and a bit weeks to go, time to up the excitement levels! I cannot wait for GnR and Arcade Fire. I don't think I've been so happy with two headliners in a long time!

This will be my 11th Leeds fest and they are still amazing despite all the so called problems. If you go with the right attitude and don't act like a dick you'll have the best weekend ever.