Baby Sitting at Latitude.

Bernsville

Saw this on BBC News.

Kids Clubs

I think this really is taking things too far. I have kids and i take them to Glastonbury with me, at no point would i ever consider paying for someone to look after them whilst i go off and have fun. The nearest thing i've done to that, is me or my mate would look after the kids whilst one would go and see an act that wouldn't appeal to the kids. Having kids is pretty much a lifestyle choice, and you make sacrifices. Me and my mate can't have it large in the late night areas at Glasto, but we do fun stuff like have campfires and toast marshmallows and spend time with our kids. In fact Glasto is one of the few times i can really unwind and enjoy some quality time having fun with them.

I know that Latitude attracts a more affluent crowd than Glasto (£48 pounds for 4 hours kids club -WTF!) so really don't think the Kidz Field will follow suit, but if you want to get rid of your kids for a few hours then you may as well go to Benidorm and do a kids club there. Or better still don't take them to a festival.

Anyone want to offer their two cents?

Saw this on BBC News.

Kids Clubs

I think this really is taking things too far. I have kids and i take them to Glastonbury with me, at no point would i ever consider paying for someone to look after them whilst i go off and have fun. The nearest thing i've done to that, is me or my mate would look after the kids whilst one would go and see an act that wouldn't appeal to the kids. Having kids is pretty much a lifestyle choice, and you make sacrifices. Me and my mate can't have it large in the late night areas at Glasto, but we do fun stuff like have campfires and toast marshmallows and spend time with our kids. In fact Glasto is one of the few times i can really unwind and enjoy some quality time having fun with them.

I know that Latitude attracts a more affluent crowd than Glasto (£48 pounds for 4 hours kids club -WTF!) so really don't think the Kidz Field will follow suit, but if you want to get rid of your kids for a few hours then you may as well go to Benidorm and do a kids club there. Or better still don't take them to a festival.

What's the difference?

Can kind of see your point - but then again some people might want to have their kids with them and enjoy most of the fest together - but have a little adult time too, just the same as at home or on any type of holiday. Why not if there's something you really fancy seeing but you know the kids will be bored

Can kind of see your point - but then again some people might want to have their kids with them and enjoy most of the fest together - but have a little adult time too, just the same as at home or on any type of holiday. Why not if there's something you really fancy seeing but you know the kids will be bored

That's why you give your kids weed so that they don't get bored, you see?

Saw this on BBC News.

Kids Clubs

Good trolling effect.

Having a kids club where children can play with other children in a safe environment sounds like a good idea to me. The Big Chill had this in operation last year, with lots of child specific activities. It would allow the children more freedom to mix with others without worrying about their parents looking over their shoulders, and allow their parents a few hours off, there's another 20 hours of the day to spend with each other.

Saw this on BBC News.

Kids Clubs

Its perfectly acceptable. I heard an interview with the woman who set it up - she is hoping to take the 'kids club' to Glastonbury.

before you know it, parents will be going to work and leaving their kids with 'minders' all day... :O

I've heard that once a kid turns 5 they can go to a free child minding service from 9-3 nearly every day. It's even got a weird name, Skol, Skool, or something like that.

I've just got back from Latitude, my first time there, and this doesn't surprise me at all.

The whole thing is, as Arthur Smith put it on stage one night, 'Waitrose in tents', and is geared towards taking money off rich posh people who've not been to festivals before. That kind of price sounds cheap for the place tbf.

Live and let live....it might not suit everyone's pocket or ideal festival going experience, but I know some people who's kids just can't cope with festivals and for the parents to have any fun at all this is the best thing for them.

It doesn't suit either me or my daughter (now 6), but she does get liberal use of the Glastonbury Kids's field and cineme tent (as appropriate). She also understands give and take.......bad behaviour and no zip line!