Day Splits.

Guest Da_J_Doc-~

I,m not sure what people want from Bella but the complaints seem to be shitty headliners who are past it yet for feeder see Ocean Colour Scene or James or Echo and the Bunnymen who have all headlined in the past, the ethos on a Scottish headliner is well versed as it should be with Amy Macdonald in where the Proclaimers, the Waterboys and OCS have been in the past.

Renowned bands like The Divine comedy, Badly drawn boy, Candi staton, Levellers filling slots frqunted by similar stature bands over the years such as idlewild, BSP, Cold War Kids and Biffy (who were literally unknow to the masses at the time)

Add in sets from obscure but brilliant acts such as Dick Gaughan, The Wailers, Parsonage Choir, John Otway amongst many others supplemented by some great breakthrough bands like The boy who trapped the sun, Stornoway, goldheart assembly and an amazing soon to breakthrough like Rachael Sermanni and the musical ethos is pretty much the same as it has been every year to date.

Now couple that with debate, stuff for the kids, theatre and some fantastic food and alcohol and you will struggle to see a better line up, certainly in Scotland.

I,m not sure what people want from Bella but the complaints seem to be shitty headliners who are past it yet for feeder see Ocean Colour Scene or James or Echo and the Bunnymen who have all headlined in the past, the ethos on a Scottish headliner is well versed as it should be with Amy Macdonald in where the Proclaimers, the Waterboys and OCS have been in the past.

Renowned bands like The Divine comedy, Badly drawn boy, Candi staton, Levellers filling slots frqunted by similar stature bands over the years such as idlewild, BSP, Cold War Kids and Biffy (who were literally unknow to the masses at the time)

Add in sets from obscure but brilliant acts such as Dick Gaughan, The Wailers, Parsonage Choir, John Otway amongst many others supplemented by some great breakthrough bands like The boy who trapped the sun, Stornoway, goldheart assembly and an amazing soon to breakthrough like Rachael Sermanni and the musical ethos is pretty much the same as it has been every year to date.

Now couple that with debate, stuff for the kids, theatre and some fantastic food and alcohol and you will struggle to see a better line up, certainly in Scotland.

You put forward a compelling arguement doc, but people love to moan don't they. In a way its a personal thing, last year the majority of acts jumped off the page at me, noah & the whale, editors, OCS, shed 7, saw doctors, sons and daughters, alabama 3, seth lakeman and even devotchka who I'd seen before as well as some others. This year Amy, Candi, Eliza don't do it for me. Of the bands I do want to see, there are few that really excite me. Again this is down to me having seen a few of them a lot of times.

What I expect from bella is to have a great time with friends, to see some bands I've never seen before and enjoy ones that have been around for a while. Its why I bought the ticket. Its what I am 100% sure will happen.

My world ends the day I like amy macdonald doc.

I know what you mean though, there have been so many over the years robbie, gallows, scissor sisters who have surprised and delighted despite my best efforts to hate them and scorn to the best of my ability.

Amy macdonald is just a step to far, I can do singalong a pop crap, I can't do twee.

My world ends the day I like amy macdonald doc.

I know what you mean though, there have been so many over the years robbie, gallows, scissor sisters who have surprised and delighted despite my best efforts to hate them and scorn to the best of my ability.

Amy macdonald is just a step to far, I can do singalong a pop crap, I can't do twee.

Now that Bella appears to be sold out, hopefully we can get some more information on stages, timing, etc. Looking back on efestivals, the stage splits were announced by bryanb on 17th July last year. We're over a week later this time and the only detail seems to be on the smaller tents - Madame Fifi's etc. Does anyone know if they plan to release more info before the event? Just wondering about any possible clashes. ;)

From reading all the posts on this thread there seems to be some pretty regular Bella goers who have said that the times, day and stages info is released beforehand. I'm also gathering there is a feeling the organisers have gone cheap/lightweight on some of the bands compared to other years. Does this mean that we will have to pay for the priviledge of knowing when and where we can see each act, a la TITP lanyard - £10, thank you....?? I dont want to sound like another moaner Doc. I'm a Bella virgin and coming as reasearch made Bella sound good for kids, my 2.5 year old wee boy has his ear defenders primed! There are some times available on some of the bands websites but a full listing would be nice as we're not going to get there till 5ish Friday. I'd like to see The Woodentops for old times sake but will gladly watch Woodenbox again, they supported Broken Records at Bedlam Theatre last year, they ARE worth a fistful of fivers! Go see them.