Forget Specsavers, you should have gone to GLASTONBURY! !

Guest Dirty_Dave

Hi All,

Having just returned from one of the best weeks of my life at Glastonbury I am intrigued as to why people would choose another festival over the legendary daddy of them all - Glasto? In my humble opinion all the other 'dirty festival' would never be a patch on it, so considering they are all around the same price, why oh why would you not choose to come to Glastonbury??

Have the majority of people going to other festivals also been to Glasto? What are your thoughts? How do u compare them? What about people who simply think Glasto aint for them....? Crazy! :blink:

Obviously if you tried and failed to get a ticket then this is fair enough, but seriously people cant prefer to go to V, Leeds, Reading etc over the Glastonbury?? :ph34r:

Thoughts on a postcard.

too far away for me and none of my friends have went so id have no one to go with!

however i have registered for tickets for 2011 and will just find some randoms to go with

Urm... U2 was playing?

There isn't a band I hate more on this planet.

They pulled out, and got Gorillaz to play... I was annoyed about this, as I love the Gorrilaz.

Then I saw the rest of the line-up. I wanted to see 32 bands. This years Leeds? Over 50 at the moment... and not all the stages are announced.

My god Dave, you are trolling this on every forum hoping to get a rise out of people.

I did Leeds festival 2003-2008 and have done Glasto in 1999, 2009 & 2010. It is really hard to compare the two but id say Leeds festival is for the music and Glastonbury is for the overall experience.

I love Leeds festival, it has alot more metal/punk/rock bands than Glastonbury and is catered solely for the music. I loved sitting all day infront of the mainstage watching band after band getting wrecked. The reason I changed my choice of festival was after the riots of 2008 which were the worst Ive seen, as I was leaving yellow bubble was practically ablaze, its a shame as I absolutely love Leeds festival but to me its no way to end an amazing weekend.

The last two years Ive been on a stag weekend and my honeymoon to Glastonbury. Its much more hard work than Leeds as theres miles more walking to get camped and get round the place. The Thursday this year we had a 10 mile round trip to get our booze and take it back to our tents. Glastonbury is alot of effort but it is really worth doing, even if the lineups not to your taste its worth it at least once. The size of the place is amazing, the ammount of detail that goes into the setup is unreal. Once your in it really is catered to having an amazing time, you can walk around anywhere with your own booze and every field has a different feel to it. The Saturday this year I saw two bands all day, Biffy and Muse, im a music fan who loves watching bands but the Saturday was my favourite day at Glasto this year as the experience I had that day was amazing.

I hope to do Leeds festival again in the next few years as hopefully people will report on here that the riots have calmed down. I love both festivals plus Isle of Wight (amazing festival) but hate the elitist attitude of people on here when it comes to Glastonbury, yes I'll agree it is the best all round festival in the country but that doesnt mean that all the other festivals are rubbish. Will glasto ever have SOAD and Metallica back to back on the mainstage (Leeds 2003)....no.....will it ever have ACDC perform on their own stage.....no.....but do the other festivals have places such as the Stone Circles, Arcadia, Shangri-la like Glasto.....no......its these differences that make each festival special in their own right.

i have done the last 10 Glastonbury's and every Leeds festival going back to Temple Newsome days !

Leeds is watching bands in a field with a bit of camping and banter

Glastonbury actually changes your life for the better, I could quite easily go to Glastonbury and

not see any bands.

Get on you tube and watch some of the stuff on there

Qubehenge

Arcadia

Stone Cirlce

is a start !

I completely agree been to glasto the last two years and it is by far the best.

I'm also going to leeds but think its going to be my last year as its just not as good as it once was

Me and my boyfriend have found that glasto is not just about the music it has so much more to offer. I do prefer the majority of the music at leeds however would still pick glasto over any it is without a doubt the best weekend of the year

you can take your drink anywhere, you dont feel ripped off, you can take gas stoves, the nightime entertainment is a million times better, the general atmosphere is much better really friendly !!

As far as we are concerned nothing could begin to compare

Bring on 2011

I've never done Glasto before and have always been a bit put off by the elitism and pretentiousness of the many people who sound off about it and bash every other festival going, but I think I would like to experience it at least once.

Leeds is more convenient for me but next year i may do glasto and leeds.

The bands at leeds are far better like Melvin said in a recent interview... Leeds and Reading are the best music festivals in the country, Glasto is the best overall Festival. Glasto is really about the music its about the experience..