First time at Sonisphere

Guest pablo666

Hi there :D the carpark is right next to the maingate as far as I'm aware, so the walk shouldn't be too bad. The site overall is very compact, takes like 15 minutes max to get to the arena, even when camping as far away from it as possible. Food is standard festival prices, not that cheap, but if you look around you might find some value for your money. Showers are available however assuming it's like last year, it will cost a couple of quid to use them. Hope this has helped, anymore questions, feel free to ask :)!

Beer was the same price as all the other main festivals (Glast, R & L etc) so I would think going off Glastonbury's main bars it will be £3.70 for lager and £4 for Cider.

As it was only a relative small festival last year with approx 35-40,000 punters security wasn't too bad at the entrance to the Arena and I managed to sneak in 2 to 3 cans each day which always helps, it made it feel a bit more like Glastonbury!

Edited by she bangs the drums

Fellow Glastobater!!

I'm thinking of going to Sonisphere - how do you think it would compare to Glasto? (This year was my first Glasto, so I'm still in awe of it :D)

Not decided if I should go, I like the look of the line up (And need to get away for a while). A fellow Glasto-goes advice would be very appreciated!!

Fellow Glastobater!!

I'm thinking of going to Sonisphere - how do you think it would compare to Glasto? (This year was my first Glasto, so I'm still in awe of it :D)

Not decided if I should go, I like the look of the line up (And need to get away for a while). A fellow Glasto-goes advice would be very appreciated!!

Hi All,

Will also be my first time at sonisphere so would like to check something with those of you who have been before....i'm hoping to go for the day on the Saturday but not confident i'll be able to get the last train and don't want to have to worry about heading off early and missing some of the mighty rammstein :O I have some friends who are staying for the weekend and camping so basically my question is - do they check for tickets to enter the camping area specifically, or will it be once i'm in I will be able to wander through to the camping area, tent-jack a friends tent and then depart on the Sunday morning. I have't been to reading for a few years but that was always the case there....so hoping soni is similar - but if anyone can clarify that would be great!

Cheers!

LaDavido

Fellow Glastobater!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I missed your post!

It's nothing like Glasto! no other festival is though, what is good though is that all 5 stages are close together so there is not much walking, I saw food stalls at Sonisphere that you get at Glasto like Strumpets with Crumpets and Tea and Toast so the food is off a better standard to say V Festival or R & L.

In short, if you like the line up you will have an amazing time as the crowd is of good spirt and certainly not burning tents down etc.