2011 Tickets

Guest j-j-j-j-joe!

Despite following all the advice on these forums and trying several backdoor links all bloody night, I couldn't get a reading 210 ticket, and had to buy a coach one from national express the next day.

I know that Glastonbury tickets are ONLY available from seetickets, so surely they must be even harder to get ahold of? Anyone got any advice?

Personally, I didn't have any problems.. My Friend Did.

The sales opened at 9 and by 10.10am, I had my deposit down sorted..

My friend couldn't get through and i got his ticket sorted at 8.45pm, and it sold out about an hour later..

The Bonus is that there are 175,000 tickets so more available, what i do is get my Safari, Firefox, IE and Google Chrome up and batter refresh and your laughing.

Make sure you have a good browser, as mentioned above firefox and google chrome seem good. Get on there before 9.00am maybe about 8.50 as you can get in there before 9.00am if you are lucky I got two tickets sorted at 8.55am. I realise a lot of people have struggled to get tickets last year but I don't know anyone who had a problem (apart from a couple of mates who bang on about going then realise they have forgotten to register!)

Shouldn't be difficult.

1. Ensure you and everyone you are buying tickets for get registered well in advance. Follow the clear guidance about acceptable and unacceptable photos for the registration. The photo will be the one that goes on your ticket.

2. Keep a safe note of everyone's unique registration code and have them ALL to hand on ticket sale day so you can enter them when asked.

3. Also have your credit/debit card ready to pay deposit (or full payment if you are feeling wealthy).

4. On sale day, get up early (it's a Sunday!!!) and be on line by about 8:50 am.

5. Keep hitting refresh on your browser - may take a couple of dozen refreshes but you should get in eventually - follow the instructions to input the registration codes and then the payment.

6. You will get e-mail confirmation of your purchase within about 24 hours.

7. You won't get your tickets until between 1 and 3 weeks before the event.

8. If you want to book a campervan ticket, will need to pay in full.

I know this will jinx it but every year for the past 4 I've had tickets by 10:30am

In 2007 I messed up and didn't get my brother one but I managed one on the re-sale in 5-10 minutes.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I do think some people give up too easily.

Last two years haven't had a problem. Just get yourself on a fast broadband connection, armed with your party's reg numbers and post codes, be on the appropriate page at 8.50am, and refresh. This year the ticket link went live at 8.55, and I had tickets by 9.02. Confirmation came about 9.25, at which point I had already made coffee, rang all my mates, and cheered loudly that I had tickets to the greatest party in the world! :lol::lol::lol:

remember that if you hit refresh once you have been taken to a 'the site is too busy at the moment' page, you may just be refreshing this page, not the original page you were looking for

one easy thing to try is set the booking page as your home page, then just keep hitting 'home' instead of refresh

also try and have these boards open before 9 as well: people often try to share the url of the actual booking page once they have accessed it, which can sometimes help

like everyone else has said: be organised and don't give up! make sure that every member of your group is trying separately, with the details of everyone that wants a ticket and bank details or phone numbers to call when payment is required

i'm sure you'll be fine, i hope we all are :)

• 2 weeks later...

say my mates and i are trying at the same time to get them tickets, eventually only one of us is gonna get thru, right? is there any possibility of multiple tickets issued per registered name?