USDAW Banners at Leftfield

Guest Ommadawn

Sorry, but you can't agree that the festival wouldn't exist without CND - and then suggest that it could've got to where it is without the Left Wing groups when CND is one of those groups.. That's a fairly blatant contradiction.

Ok, lets talk about now then.

Of course the Fesitval could work without Leftfield. But then, the Leftfield constitutes only a tiny part of the left-leaning political ethos of the festival. Tony Benn and the like all still appeared in 2009, the Speakers Forum and the Cabaret Tent amongst other venues were used for them instead.

As for other left leaning groups -

- Remove CND and you lose experienced and trusted teams running Lockups and Information Points

- Remove Greenpeace and you lose their excellent stage, kids area, and showers amongst other things

- Remove Oxfam and you lose 5,000 volunteer stewards

- Remove the above and you lose a huge amount of Goodwill, something Glastonbury still relies heavily on in almost all areas of operation

The pattern I see seems to be everyone is left wing, and cant tolerate anyone who isn';t

I see countless comments like 'daily mail reader' to anyone who doesn't agree with every left wing idea

i mean jeez - surely everyones entitled to make their own decisions, we don't all have to be left wing