Leeds Efests Meetup 2010

Guest Gre

If I do end up going it'll be just me & my housemate, so if people are camping vaguely together we could pitch somewhere nearby.

Regarding the bands on the Thursday night, what time roughly do they start? A couple of years ago we met at 7 & then went and saw the pigeon detectives about 8.30 I think? (and subsequently lost everyone :P)

How about if we move the Thursday meet to 6? Would that be better?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a definate newbie but I'd be up for a few beers. I'm going with a shitload of people that I don't know that well seeing as all my close mates were skint this year, so I might as well have a drink with a load of strangers whilst I'm at it :)

Weird though how sometimes you form pictures in your mind of how other people are gonna look. For example, I reckon if i did get to meet you, rexclark, I'd be quite disappointed if you looked f**k all like Jarvis!

If I do end up going it'll be just me & my housemate, so if people are camping vaguely together we could pitch somewhere nearby.

Regarding the bands on the Thursday night, what time roughly do they start? A couple of years ago we met at 7 & then went and saw the pigeon detectives about 8.30 I think? (and subsequently lost everyone :P)

How about if we move the Thursday meet to 6? Would that be better?

Well i'd be up for a meet, what with only going with two more people this year.

Tom1889 I know exactly what you mean with pictures of people in your mind. I bet all of my pictures would be wrong.

Something tell's me Dave the hedgehog may differ a little from his picture.....Or does he look like his shock pictures.....

edit: How will the whole username thing work?

Edited by kev1664

i'll probably come to a meet on thursday then since rexclark is going.

Ah

Well that urinates all over my bonfire then. I was going to leave at about 8am, make my way up in my car (stopping off at services stations on the way up the M1 to get sugar, milk and butter from the Costa shops) and then just wait at the gates until they allowed me to park.

f**k it, I'll still do it. I'll just have to take some entertainment with me like boggle or play I Spy.

"I spy with my little eye something beginning with F..."

- FIELDS!

"Yup"

- I spy with my little eye something beginning with M...

"ME!"

- Yup

Right, I changed the first post to 6pm, can't change the tagline of the thread though. I'll PM a mod to try and get that done

We come in the bus entrance, so somewhere near the arena. In previous years camp efest has been in what is now White Village, and last time I went 2yrs ago we camped in I think Blue Valley.

With usernames, people have made badges in the past, which is a bit of an effort, but breaks the ice :P

I do look like my profile - although sadly about 8 years older now! :(

Im pretty out of touch for a while to this( no fessies since 08) but im up for a meet up on the thursday around 6 is good for us. We dont know anyone else who is going, so it would be good. if anyones up for the original meet let us know.

cheers

john

Edited by bollyhead

• 3 weeks later...

Just though I'd give this a wee bump.

So anyone else up for meeting for a few drinks? I think as it goes there'll be a meet on the Wednesday and another on the Thursday. Times and Locations to be decided nearer the time.

We're headingf down in a group of three so it'll be good to meet up with folk for a few beers.:D

Just though I'd give this a wee bump.

So anyone else up for meeting for a few drinks? I think as it goes there'll be a meet on the Wednesday and another on the Thursday. Times and Locations to be decided nearer the time.

We're headingf down in a group of three so it'll be good to meet up with folk for a few beers.:D

The only thing on the wednesday night is the campsite djs. Not much to do apart from just sitting about and chilling which suits me. Should be good if we can get a good crowd together on the Wednesday and the Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

So, three weeks to go. By the sounds of it there will be a meet on the Wednesday and the Thursday, I'm thinking 7pm on the Wednesday and 7pm on the Thursday? Of course the Thursday meet will depend on who's playing in the Main arena.

Anyone wanting to meet on the Wednesday, I'm thinking we could meet for a drink, sit around for a bit then head to one of the Campsite DJ areas for a dance?

On the Thursday I'm not too fussed, there's bands on so we could head there?

Any ideas on times/ meeting places are more than welcome.

See you all in a couple of weeks.:D