Leeds Efests Meetup 2010

Guest Gre

Please note, the meet is at 6pm

Right, there was a thread for this in the myfestivals group, but that doesn't work since the board upgrade, so...

Leeds efests meetup 2010. Thursday, 6pm, outside the arena. As bit earlier than usual so ppl can see the Thursday night bands.

All welcome; newbies, oldies, young'uns, less-young'uns, posters, non-posters, mates, randoms, whoever... Drinking, chatting, Haribo, twister (possibly imaginery twister), being slightly embarrassed by having to recognise people by their usernames, being surprised when people you thought were boys are actually girls, its all good :)

We'll just see how this goes I guess - in previous years there's been a Wednesday night meetup as well, and an actual efests camp too.

(There's also the curse of this thread, where the starter of it doesn't get to the meet - I'm planning to go to Leeds this year, but haven't got tickets yet, so am happy to take the hit!)

Edited by Gre

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt I'll make it on the Thursday probably will be checking out a few bands/too drunk. TBH I can't see any meets having too much of an interest, I thought it was a good idea a while ago but no one seems that bothered.

I would say if anything a Wednesday meet would probably go down better with nothing on and most people will arrive on the Wednesday but I'm not too fussed. Would be good to meet a few folk off here but it'd probably turn into a shambles and only a couple of folk would turn up which is a shame.

Indeed.

The semi-arrangement we had on your group, Rex, was to get together in blue but me and my girlfriend have been re-considering the whole idea of going there - not that it's a bad idea or a place you can't enjoy the festival but mainly because we'll be taking quite a lot of equipment in my car and the easiest way to get it is by parking in Green, camping in Green and then going back and forth when we need it to save space in the tent. The only other alternative is to park in Red and then camp in Red but from what I've heard, Red is on par with Orange as being... well, basically a place to go on a chav safari. It's our first major festival experience and also our first Leeds so Green might be a little more suited for us first time around.

If people could arrange a meet in Green on Wednesday then I'd be happy to come and join. There will be plenty of burgers to go around.

Well, like I said, I don't mind camping in blue but the closest car park to it is red and I don't really fancy walking further than I have to to get my shit from my car to my tent - and if the weather is shit (which I've heard it usually is at Leeds - grim up north, etc) then I really won't fancy the walk.

But then the flipside is, if I'm in green and the weather is shit then I'll look forward to the long walk back from the main arena every night whereas if I were camping blue, it won't be as bad.

It's a pickle.

Well, like I said, I don't mind camping in blue but the closest car park to it is red and I don't really fancy walking further than I have to to get my shit from my car to my tent - and if the weather is shit (which I've heard it usually is at Leeds - grim up north, etc) then I really won't fancy the walk.

But then the flipside is, if I'm in green and the weather is shit then I'll look forward to the long walk back from the main arena every night whereas if I were camping blue, it won't be as bad.

It's a pickle.

No I don't have a trolley yet. I've assigned that job to my girlfriend to give her something to do but the chances of her actually doing it are slim to none since she has no enthusiasm for doing anything, let alone going out of her way to pick up a festival trolley. If we all decide to meet up, you'll get to meet her - she'll be asked an opinion on something and say "yeah it's good and stuff." and then say nothing until somebody else speaks to her or tries to engage her in conversation. If you are shy or you have nothing to say then a conversation between you and her will be like listening to a John Cage song.

Sorry, I had to vent that.

I bought the tickets for her as a 21st birthday present and assigned both of us jobs to do and a checklist of things to get. Luckily most of what we currently have is lightweight and can just be carried but beer crates, barbecues and tinned food can be quite heavy when it's combined so I'm hoping she gets a trolley before we go.

No I don't have a trolley yet. I've assigned that job to my girlfriend to give her something to do but the chances of her actually doing it are slim to none since she has no enthusiasm for doing anything, let alone going out of her way to pick up a festival trolley. If we all decide to meet up, you'll get to meet her - she'll be asked an opinion on something and say "yeah it's good and stuff." and then say nothing until somebody else speaks to her or tries to engage her in conversation. If you are shy or you have nothing to say then a conversation between you and her will be like listening to a John Cage song.

Sorry, I had to vent that.

I bought the tickets for her as a 21st birthday present and assigned both of us jobs to do and a checklist of things to get. Luckily most of what we currently have is lightweight and can just be carried but beer crates, barbecues and tinned food can be quite heavy when it's combined so I'm hoping she gets a trolley before we go.

:lol:

Nah I love my girlfriend.

But when you're with somebody for 4 years, you do start to find things that annoy you about the other person - it's the same with her and me. All relationships are the same. I owe a lot to her and she's given me a lot of happiness over the past few years; I wouldn't think so highly of her and buy her Leeds Festival tickets for her 21st, or make any of the sacrifies I make if I didn't.

This thread is in danger of becoming a Jeremy Kyle episode.

not got an early bird ticket - im seeing the eels in edinburgh on the wednesday night

im driving down from edinburgh at around 12 on wed night, aiming to get there for 3/4am

So I wont be there till thursday

There are 2 of us driving down and 4 getting the coach/ train on thursday so not sure what time theyl be there at

so 6 in total