Why is Everyone Moaning

Guest MyTwistedWords

I just dont understand why everyone is moaning about something on here... some valid points made I guess, but in reality I just had the best 6 days ever. Glastonbury is a place of wonder, the festival is brilliantly organised, diverse, exciting, chilled out, beautiful, kind, friendly, magical, and fun... you get to do nothing but exactly what you want for 6 days with lots of other great people that you can meet, make friends with, and generally rock/chill out with - and this year was sun-kissed to boot. I cant wait to get tickets for next years event so i can spend half a year getting excited about going again. :D:D:D

I guess everyone has their own personal experience of Glasto which are unique. Personally I had my best Glasto out of 7 attended so far - it was not perfect but nothing is, however I did throw myself into the excitement and try lots of different things and chatted to many different people over the 5 days.

Until a week before this years festival I had convinced myself this was going to be my last as I am not as young as I used to be and my health has not been great recently however after getting back physically broken but mentally refreshed I am up for next year and would be back there tomorrow given the chance.

I was fortunate to have a good time but everyone brings themselves and their issues to Glasto so everyones perception will be different.

I reckon I was fortunate to have camped with so many friendly, kind and decent people at and that contributed to my own festival experience being so positive !

Edited by DaveMac

I guess everyone has their own personal experience of Glasto which are unique. Personally I had my best Glasto out of 7 attended so far - it was not perfect but nothing is, however I did throw myself into the excitement and try lots of different things and chatted to many different people over the 5 days.

Until a week before this years festival I had convinced myself this was going to be my last as I am not as young as I used to be and my health has not been great recently however after getting back physically broken but mentally refreshed I am up for next year and would be back there tomorrow given the chance.

I was fortunate to have a good time but everyone brings themselves and their issues to Glasto so everyones perception will be different.

I reckon I was fortunate to have camped with so many friendly, kind and decent people at and that contributed to my own festival experience being so positive !

I know what you mean but you have to just laugh at the moaners or else you become one, moaning about the moaners!

I've read people on here moaning about inappropriate pissing, ripping binbags, flags, chairs, and gazebos - such petty fools, they crack me up! A few years back someone was complaining that they didn't like people standing in front of them during concerts! I find it hilarious that one of the first things people want to do after such an absolutely amazing weekend of fun and sun is whine and gripe about such trivial things. I bet they're the kind of people who moan about the sand on a tropical beach. Losers!

So let's have a "Funniest Petty Whinge" competition.

The funniest moan I've read so far is "Brilliant festival RUINED by sky lanterns". Haha! How OTT! It can't have been that brilliant for you mate, if some distant yellow lights in the sky spoiled the whole event!

So come on, what's the most amusing whinge you've read?

Edited by Velouria

Had a utterly perfect festival....beautiful people, beautiful place, beautiful music....that simple...this board has depressed me more than made me feel happy far too much before and after the festival for various reasons...the only thing i can find wrong with the festival is the negative moaning bores on this forum, so going to give it a rest for a bit..maybe come back when they've gone...cheers x

Edited by danbailey80

I had a magical time, and expected to come home and read nothing but how great it was, but your right , all there seems to be is moaning about this and that. I've tried to start a few positivity threads, at least it makes me feel good, and i try to avoid the negative threads as much as possible, i know its hard.

2010 was my first glasto, having been to about seven different festivals previous. Had the most amazing time of my life, the atmosphere was simply amazing and the site out of this world. No idea what all the moaning is about tbh, but us brits love a moan i guess <_<

We all know I'm usually one of the chief moaners on return from the G but seriously I can't find a thing to complain about other than the sad and upsetting sight of watching hundreds of selfish and potentially cow killing flaming bags of death float off to the east of the site!

After 15 years of attending I finally found the Glasto I had been searching for again for all those long years since 1995 and after all those years and especially after the yucky attitudes of last year, this year was the polar opposite.

The question I was asking was 'did all those angry, rude, silly people who attended last year that gave the fest the weird atmosphere it had then either

a. not return or

b. had had their brains re-wired at SL and came back this year as Glasto people who finally 'got it'?'

I'd like to think it was the latter obviously.

We all know I'm usually one of the chief moaners on return from the G but seriously I can't find a thing to complain about other than the sad and upsetting sight of watching hundreds of selfish and potentially cow killing flaming bags of death float off to the east of the site!

After 15 years of attending I finally found the Glasto I had been searching for again for all those long years since 1995 and after all those years and especially after the yucky attitudes of last year, this year was the polar opposite.

The question I was asking was 'did all those angry, rude, silly people who attended last year that gave the fest the weird atmosphere it had then either

a. not return or

b. had had their brains re-wired at SL and came back this year as Glasto people who finally 'got it'?'

I'd like to think it was the latter obviously.

I had the best time ever! MUSE were amazing, Orbital were amazing, the electric lightning men were amazing, the people were amazing and the atmosphere was the best its been with being able to sit down and relax because there was no mud!!!

The only thing that annoyed me a little bit (but not much) was the queue jumpers at Pedestrian gate D on Wed morning, we queue'd up for about 3 hours to get from the car to the gate and when we were nearly there we found people were jumping through the hedges to join the queue right near the gate, I started a boo chant towards them all and got everyone pointing at them just so everyone knew who the dickheads were!