Strummerville

Guest hatethisandillloveyou

Who went to strummerville then, really amazing place to chillout, was slightly annoying when the likes of frank turner and Mumford and sons played as it got packed but other times was amazing to chill out on a sofa by the campfire with bands in the background, had a very old school Glastonbury feel to it

Went first to watch Frank Turner play. We got there early to find him standing on his own. So we went over and had a good chat and some photos with him. Also had a chat with The Drums on Sat night.

I agree it was a cool place, with a lot of faces there who looked like they were all in bands, but I couldn't worked out whick ones.

Yes you can definitly use it as a back entrance, i did a few times, had to persuade a security bloke once to let me on the other side of the one way system, like I say it did get packed, but only when a well known band was on, but was an awsome place to chill, and for example frank turner played a 3 song set about an hour before his real one that everyone knew about , so it was frank and about 20 people max

Mumford and Sons?! When was this? I really wanted to see them on the JP but they were on at the same time as Florence.

I managed to find Strummerville by accident on thursday night. It struck me later that you could use it as a back entrance into Shangri-La. Does this work or do they block it off?

Asked about 10 security people around Shangri-La/Unfair Funfair, and none of them knew where it was. When I finally discovered it, saw Frank Turner, The Drums, I Should Coco (and a few others, whose names I never caught). Also got to meet Michael Eavis for the first time (think he turned up on the Saturday night).

yeh great little place when it was quiet, went every night after i realised it was just round the corner from the plane in unfair ground.

saw mariachi el bronx hanging round there at about 3am on saturday morning and was pretty sure i was stood next to Don Letts at the same time.

gutted i missed mumfor and sons there...

talking of reasonably well hidden places...did anyone manage to find the underground piano bar.i couldnt find it for the life of me!

I found it but entry was in a one in one out basis.... Unfortunately i had to set off on the journey home ;'(

Anybody get pictures....?

Stumbled across it whilst bimbling around looking for the Unfair Ground... nice, but entirely the opposite atmosphere to the one we were craving at the time. Hopefully I'll spend some proper time there next year!

Visited there a few times during the day, for a cup of something and a comfy chair. Went there just after the Flaming Lips, and saw the end of a set by a band - don't know who - but by then I was falling alseep on my feet, so headed off. Next year, a definite all nighter for me.