you CAN break The Chain

Guest eFestivals

thought florence was prety good but was expecting her to be bettter tbh - especially considering how good the lp is

she was blown out of the water completely by hot chip afterwards

heard a fair piece of vampire w/e as I was wandering about - does no one else think they sound haircut 100 trying to do an african pastiche ?

dont get the appeal at all

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone catch Florence & The Machine covering Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain"?

I had to stick my fingers in my ears, I don't think I've ever heard such awful out-of-tune squawking. It was dreadful.

I had to laugh later tho, when I over-heard someone going on about "the great new track that Florence played, called 'The Chain' or something".... closely followed by her friend who said "no, that was the Grand Prix theme. I wonder why she was playing that?".

The empress really does have no clothes. You might not agree now, but just give it a few years.

At Primavera last month, on the last day there was a point where Florence was the only thing on.

We went for five minutes against our better judgement. At the end of those 5 minutes, we decided to go and sit in front of an empty stage for an hour and wait for Grizzly Bear.

I'm really glad she decided to turn up and ruin an already shaky XX set on Saturday too

Why do the BBC presenters talk such utter drivel?!

I've watched the Glasto footage, and when talking about Florence, they said:

"It was the biggest crowd EVER at the Other Stage."

"It was impossible to walk through that crowd - it took me over half an hour."

Both utter, utter rubbish. I was there for Moby in 2000, and due to the gatecrashers, the Other Stage was insanely busy - stretching way into the camping area in Oxlyers behind the viewing area. WAY busier back then.

And I walked through the Florence crowd to get from Mumford & Sons (who I couldn't get near!) to the Park and although bigger than most crowds, it was no trickier than walking through any other set. Advice for the BBC Florence-spaffers: try walking around the BACK of the crowd. It'll take a lot less time.

Didn't like what I heard when walking through it either. No idea what the attraction is there, but each to their own I guess.

I'm going to be controversial and say I loved it...I love Florence and really enjoyed that cover...was worried she was going to do a U2 cover at first but was so pleased it wasn't! (Not much else productive to say, just felt this thread needed someone who DID enjoy it!)

Florence seems to be a bit of a marmite artist, at least she certainly was in my group of friends!

Seemed to be the year of the Fleetwood...caught My Luminaries doing 'Go Your Own Way' on Thursday too, great big sing-along.

She is absolutely f**king awfull and I would rather be forced to recreate one of those disgusting internet videos then be subjected to even 5 minutes of her "singing". Her singing is about as bad as it get's and she really is the worst of the worst. Truly truly awfull music designed especially for f**kwits who think that they are "Weird" or "Kooky" listening to Florence and the mashit.

And she looks like a tranny.

Edited by ukdaasfan

Why do the BBC presenters talk such utter drivel?!

I've watched the Glasto footage, and when talking about Florence, they said:

"It was the biggest crowd EVER at the Other Stage.""It was impossible to walk through that crowd - it took me over half an hour."

Both utter, utter rubbish. I was there for Moby in 2000, and due to the gatecrashers, the Other Stage was insanely busy - stretching way into the camping area in Oxlyers behind the viewing area. WAY busier back then.

And I walked through the Florence crowd to get from Mumford & Sons (who I couldn't get near!) to the Park and although bigger than most crowds, it was no trickier than walking through any other set. Advice for the BBC Florence-spaffers: try walking around the BACK of the crowd. It'll take a lot less time.

Didn't like what I heard when walking through it either. No idea what the attraction is there, but each to their own I guess.

I seen her four times now and she is awesome. Was a bit crusty but has been touring endlessly so not surprising. Still thought she was my favoutite band.... I have never thought I was Kooky or Weird for liking flo. I tend to choose my music cause I like it not as a fashion accessory. I am also not a f**kwit.

If you don't like it there another 40 odd stages to listen too.

Edited by BlackHole2006

I think its true that the Florence (along with Dizzee Rascal) has been massively overexposed by the BBC, I really like her album but live the screeching can be a bit much , although you can tell it meant a lot to her to be there.

Two girls stood behind me described her as being similar to a Wookie, tall, ginger and makes a lot of strange wailing noises! :P

I was there, right hand side of the stage, so we could make a quick exit for the Park 'special guests'. I thought she was really good, the crowd were enjoying it and it was a good set

The group next to us were trying to decide if she is sexier than Kate Bush .... she certainly looked amazing

Definately a marmite act !

numbers don't really prove a thing. For example, Westlife are very popular. ;)

It's certainly the case that Florence is one of the biggest acts around at the moment, but having subjected myself to her twice, I can't for the life of me understand why .... outside of the Westlife thing.