Drugs at Glastonbury

Guest Daddy Earth

I've moved to Bath recently and not met anyone that's into their drugs yet. I probably won't get chance to go back to where I used to live to sort anything. A mate i'm going with should be able sort me some weed but anything else i'll have to get at the festival.

Probably won't go hunting for some, just take up the opportunity if i have it. I'll still be having a great festival whether I get sorted or not.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be doing relatively low doses (and rightly so as a beginner - gently find your level). Acid is by far the most powerful drug you can experience. Not only will a full dose (microdot, whole blotter, etc.) give you limitless visual diversions,it will also likely present you with 'conceptual' hallucinations of a high order. Don't worry about going to sleep - your trip should last about 12 hours-ish. And it's a one way ticket, so fasten your seat belt.

If the above sounds like an endorsement - it's not. My advice is to be very cautious. But whatever you do - try to be well informed and prepared. :)

Thanks to all the acid users who have shared their experiences here. There are far more people that read this thread than actively participate in it so Im sure Im not the only one grateful for the insights provided by others.

My own 2 cents is that hallucinagens like mushrooms, can potentially be very powerful and positive. Even someone popping a pill for the first could have a life changing experience for better or worse. In my own experience, if treated with respect, and done with someone you know, trust and has more experience than you in such matters, dabbling in a bit of 'mind madness' can change how you look at the world completely.

I imagine at glasto there is so much visual stimulation, you could probably have the best trips of your life in that enviornment. It could also be said that if you were to have a bad one, the enviornment could be your worst enemy.

For those advising against experimenting at glasto, if you cant do it and get away with it there, when/where can you do it? From my own experience, glasto should be a tripper's playground, its all about who you are with and your knowledge of what your doing. Thats why this thread is so important. I would never sniff, smoke or swallow something that I didnt know about, but there are those out there that will see the festival as an oppertunity to try this stuff out.

Just do your research first people and stay safe!

Did a Black Dot of acid once, was tripping for about 16 hours. Was fun for a bit but I got fed up towards the end and wished it would finish. Acid is great in a controlled environment but at a fest, especially a fest where weird is the norm, it could be an unsettling experience.

Seems as though we have friends with similar interests.

I agree the cid/ket combo is too brutal, certainly for a first time, at a festival. Not sure im gonna do it myself at glasto, possibly just late doors back at the time.

IMO the time for experimenting with drugs is at home in a controlled environment.

O/T, i'm currently watching the whole of radioheads 2003 glastonbury set, really getting me in the mood for some acidamine

Hey, thanks for the reply. Could you explain to me what a microdot/whole blotter is please? I've done acid around 10 times now, and we always get them by the tab. The most i've done in one session is 3 tabs. Is this a low dose? If several more are needed it starts to become a fairly expensive experience.

I'm not too worried about how the hallucinations will affect me, i don't think i'm likely to 'have a bad one'. I consider myself relatively intelligent, and fairly mentally resilient, and i've done enough in the past to know that if you start to feel bad you can just ride it out. I've also experienced a k-hole, and after that i reckon i can handle pretty much anything that drugs have to throw at me. Ketamine is terrifying compared to acid.

I think i understand what you mean by conceptual hallucinations, and this is part of what makes the aforementioned acid/ket combo so amazing.

Did a Black Dot of acid once, was tripping for about 16 hours. Was fun for a bit but I got fed up towards the end and wished it would finish. Acid is great in a controlled environment but at a fest, especially a fest where weird is the norm, it could be an unsettling experience.

Soooooo.... getting back on topic,

RE: Legal Highs

Ive given salvia a blast, you get this sudden rush to madness for 5 or 6 mins. Its a bizarre experience because the onset is so quick and powerful, distorted vision & depth perception, tingling feeling all over and if your lucky, a few mins of internal contemplation before swiftly but not overwhelmingly returning to reality. I know there were higher grades of salvia but my experience was x15 I think.

I tried some legal weed once, cant for the life of me remember what it was called, 'Gold' something. Looked a bit like grass, wasnt a bad smoke and you got a very noticeable thick cloud over your mind and before long, your actually monged. I think the stuff was taken off the shelves a couple of years ago. But basically it was just some herb with chemicals sprayed on it. Gave a nasty morning after hangover and even though you still got cabbaged, it didn't bring the good stoned you would associate with a proper smoke.

The whole 'legal highs' has a seedy side Im not particularly keen on. No ingredients on the packs, dont tell you where they come from or what they do really. I think Ill just stick to the good stuff.

But whats left out there in the legal sense? There were all manners of pills, powders and what not a few years ago, but has there been replacements for the ones that were banned? The trading of legal highs has been pretty much obliterated in Ireland, is there anything left with a legal status, and of any use, on your side of the pond?

The only experience I've had with legal highs has been the pills. I used t order all sorts and just see what each set were like. They're quite obviously nowhere near as strong as the real stuff but there were a few decent brands. I remember Mitseez capsules being quite decent if you double-dropped, or opened it up and snorted the powder. They were quite quickly banned. Basically it seems that, with legal pills, any time a whole bunch get banned, the makers change the chemical formula a little bit so they become legal again. So each time they get banned, the new version they replace it with gets less potent each time. Not really worth the money by now if you ask me, unless you're in a pinch.

I ordered some 20x salvia once too; me and my pal were planning on trying it out. Too bad my mum found it in my room before we had the chance! That was a fun month spent indoors! Someone tried to sell me some at T In The Park too, but he marketed it as being "so strong it's made some people shit themselves" so I wasn't particularly tempted.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Could you explain to me what a microdot/whole blotter is please? I've done acid around 10 times now, and we always get them by the tab. The most i've done in one session is 3 tabs. Is this a low dose? If several more are needed it starts to become a fairly expensive experience.

I'm not too worried about how the hallucinations will affect me, i don't think i'm likely to 'have a bad one'. I consider myself relatively intelligent, and fairly mentally resilient, and i've done enough in the past to know that if you start to feel bad you can just ride it out. I've also experienced a k-hole, and after that i reckon i can handle pretty much anything that drugs have to throw at me. Ketamine is terrifying compared to acid.

I think i understand what you mean by conceptual hallucinations, and this is part of what makes the aforementioned acid/ket combo so amazing.