Drugs at Glastonbury

Guest Daddy Earth

There are some very responsible posters in here, thanks chaps. Ive heard nothing but bad reports on glasto acid anyway, more a quality issue than anything else. I was more interested to know what are people tripping on these days? As I said, Im a mushie man myself but it appears they have disappeared at festivals! :-(

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me that thinks it's a dumb idea for people to brag about how easy it is to get drugs at Glastonbury on a public forum? The flange will be reading this forum and getting clued up. If there weren't so many loudmouths around it would make it easier for those who keep things under their hats and have a quiet smoke, to keep things hidden. Not that I'd ever condone such behaviour of course.

When my mates used to go to Glastonbury back in the early 1980's they would come back telling wild stories about 'Hot Knife Tents' and 'Cold Spoon Caravans'. I was never really into all that. Are drugs still unofficially available at Glastonbury or has it been 'cleaned up' if that's the correct expression?

Edited by hashcity

Is it just me that thinks it's a dumb idea for people to brag about how easy it is to get drugs at Glastonbury on a public forum? The flange will be reading this forum and getting clued up. If there weren't so many loudmouths around it would make it easier for those who keep things under their hats and have a quiet smoke, to keep things hidden. Not that I'd ever condone such behaviour of course.

I ruined the whole of one Glasto after taking particularly strong acid. Ferociously hot weather and I couldn't make it out of my tent very often because of 'the fear'. Sweated my nuts off in that tent for near enough the whole duration. Very unpleasant. I'd also back up those saying don't use Glasto for your first acid experience - far too much of a gamble with your pleasure and well being.

Exactly. Too busy being involved with the morphing jelly feet to be able to connect to the festival itself. That said I'd do mushrooms at the drop of a hat.Never failed to find that experience anything but hilarious - even when I had to hold onto the grass outside my tent because I thought I was going to fly off the planet. Gravity had somehow disappeared.

Bump for 2011!

I dont like calling them 'Drugs' myself, but does anyone know whats the availability of mushies at the festival? Its my first year and Im coming from Ireland, so Im not too confident in taking my own. I see theres plenty of K, pills, mdma and such, but Im looking for something a little closer to nature!

I believe the stone circle is infamous for the odd narcotic, but are mushrooms still around?

Cheers

Edited by Aussie@Glasto

Also I'm sure this has been asked before but what are the security procedures like??

Do they have sniffer dogs at various locations prior to entering the site??

Not for me like, I wouldn't even think about taking drugs, never, the green spaceman told me there no good.

My mate got collared by a sniffer dog on the hill of death coming down from the campervan field a few years ago. Nice of me to keep on walking pretending we were not together as I had just rolled 5 fat ones and were in my shirt pocket :D Plod had a pillowcase full of weed ! the dog earnt his chum that day . It was a C class back then so slap on your wrists, name in notebook and on your way no further questions your honour.

The only reason I won't do Mushrooms at fest again is in 04 I did them at TITP and It took me hours to move anywhere as I just couldn't lift my legs. I'd hate that to happen at Glasto.

I also needed to shit alot.:ph34r:

A friend has asked me to post this on here, nothing below is written by me.

Have only just discovered acid after several years of seasoned drug taking, and am looking forward immensely to combining what i now believe to be the best drug, with the best place on the planet.

Having read the stories on this thread about jelly feet and pink spiders etc, i'm starting to wonder whether the cid we're getting is of poor quality. I generally find the visuals are restricted to patterns appearing, and walls etc appearing to 'breathe'. This combined with floaty, buzzy, euphoric type feelings, similar to MD, is a tremendous drug experience, however i really do enjoy seeing stuff that isnt there.

So some advice needed from seasoned trippers, as there seem to be a few on this forum. Do you get mad hallucinations just from taking acid, or do you combine with other substances? Whenever we take acid we find that a small amount of ketamine a few hours into the trip really kicks things off. It brings on great visuals, and it feels like a real acid trip, like you're in yellow submarine or something. I know i'm not describing it well, but it's only after taking the ket with acid that i really felt like i 'got' acid.

By the way, if you like this sort of thing i can recommend nothing higher than sitting round with some good music on (preferably radiohead), eating a few tabs, then doing some ketamine a few hours later. It is the most indescribably brilliant f**ked i have ever been. It literally feels like you are in the music, a part of it, and brings on the most exhilarating rush i have ever felt.

Also, would any of you have any tips for keeping going on cid at a festival? I generally find that after a decent amount of time, eventually you just want to lie down and do nothing, or go to sleep. Could be because i usually smoke weed at the same time, but i find eventually you become rather introverted, which is not conducive to late night party madness at Glasto.

As i said, this is a fairly new drug to me, so i guess it should just be a case of experimenting, and i should suck it and see at glastonbury, but any useful tips, info, stories from those more knowledgable than myself would be very well received.

You must be doing relatively low doses (and rightly so as a beginner - gently find your level). Acid is by far the most powerful drug you can experience. Not only will a full dose (microdot, whole blotter, etc.) give you limitless visual diversions,it will also likely present you with 'conceptual' hallucinations of a high order. Don't worry about going to sleep - your trip should last about 12 hours-ish. And it's a one way ticket, so fasten your seat belt.

If the above sounds like an endorsement - it's not. My advice is to be very cautious. But whatever you do - try to be well informed and prepared. :)

Thanks to all the acid users who have shared their experiences here. There are far more people that read this thread than actively participate in it so Im sure Im not the only one grateful for the insights provided by others.

My own 2 cents is that hallucinagens like mushrooms, can potentially be very powerful and positive. Even someone popping a pill for the first could have a life changing experience for better or worse. In my own experience, if treated with respect, and done with someone you know, trust and has more experience than you in such matters, dabbling in a bit of 'mind madness' can change how you look at the world completely.

I imagine at glasto there is so much visual stimulation, you could probably have the best trips of your life in that enviornment. It could also be said that if you were to have a bad one, the enviornment could be your worst enemy.

For those advising against experimenting at glasto, if you cant do it and get away with it there, when/where can you do it? From my own experience, glasto should be a tripper's playground, its all about who you are with and your knowledge of what your doing. Thats why this thread is so important. I would never sniff, smoke or swallow something that I didnt know about, but there are those out there that will see the festival as an oppertunity to try this stuff out.

Just do your research first people and stay safe!

Are there still Head shops at the festival? I know in Ireland they have pretty much been iradicated, and the likes of bzp and such are comepletely banned. Apart from paraphernalia, are there still herbal high shops? Can you still get salvia, kratom, or any of that lark?