Which Weather Was Better?

Guest 18Alex18

Better Weather?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which Weather did you Prefer?

Which weather would you take next year if given the option?

2009 - Started wet and muddy on thursday and friday morning - warmed up friday afternoon and by saturday morning the ground was solid. Unfortunately the foot prints in the mud sort of set in the ground meaning that the ground was left very uneven. It got very warm by saturday and sunday but never quite as warm as this year.

2010 - 5 days of blazing sun. Sun came up as we were queuing at the gates and got everyone in the mood - 2 hours of queuing later we weren't so happy with the sun. Unbearable in the mornings and energy sapping in the day.

I voted 2010. Although it occasionally reached the realms of being too hot, you at least knew where you stood this year. I remeber last year (at Rolf Harris particularly) needing to wear big socks and boots because of all the mud, yet it was absolutely baking hot. That was so uncomfortable. At least this year, we could get our shorts, sandles etc on

It was good to experience a hot Glastonbury but it was too much in the end, I definitely prefer a bit of rain. The stages seemed busier due to everyone lying out in the sun and i'm not going to miss the tent turning into greenhouse halfway through the night.

Bring back the mud!!

Definately 2010 for me. Main reason i think was because the bands seemed to be enjoying the beautiful weather and all seemed to up their game in the glorious sunshine. The whole atmosphere of the festival depends on the weather, and people lying down and relaxing made it perfect for me.

Definitely 2010 for me. Main reason i think was because the bands seemed to be enjoying the beautiful weather and all seemed to up their game in the glorious sunshine. The whole atmosphere of the festival depends on the weather, and people lying down and relaxing made it perfect for me.

ive been dying for it to be at a hot sunny glastonbury, and this year i got it so i hate to say i actually thought it was too hot.

i spent my days applying factor 50+ and searching for shade and could only remove my scarf tent (i draped my scarf over my hat for portable shade) at about 5.

i like it warm, but it was baking hot and i got a bit of heat stroke on thursday and my boyfriend did on friday so i basically resigned myself to doing very little til evening.

Next year lets hope for the same with a bit more cloud coverage occasionally :P

Edited by caroldecker

as revenge to all those people who responded similarly when people moaned about the rain, something inside me is wanting to point out to those who moan about the heat that there is no such thing as too hot...just under prepared! For proper waterproofs and suitable footwear, I could insert sunhats, creams, water-drinking and even parasols.

But I wont. ;)

This was my first one , and I loved it . However the heat was too much , getting back to the tent at 3pm and being woken at 7.00pm due to the tent being a microwave meant I was f**ked. There was very little shade and lots of people looked completely wiped out.. I even lost the will to drink alcohol due to de-hydration. But I wouldnt fancy the mud, a light breeze and a bit of cloud would have been welcome, especially as when you read it was hotter than Mexico and Brazil !

A few people said that this year the fest lacked atmosphere due to the heat, that people were just too apathetic in the day to get up to much madness ? Any thoughts on that matter ?

Before the fesatival everybody was saying sun sun sun!!! no rain and plenty of sun yet when they get it they moan like hell. Yes it was hot but i would take hot weather anyday over the rain i experienced in 2005 and 2007.Its just the british way of moaning about anything they can. Its nothing sunscreen, a hat and plenty of cold water cant sort out, same weather next year please :)

2010 again please for next year.

Typical for people to maon about the heat. All you have to do is cover up and keep hydrated, not just with booze and

go and sit in the shade now and then.

Must beat tents floating away in newly formed rivers anyday.

This year. Admittedly there were times when I also really wanted a decent spell of cloud cover and even a little bit of rain as it was quite unbearable at times but I can't really complain, I never ever imagined there'd ever be a glastonbury with constantly great weather and no rain whatsoever.

Edited by ollyh

You don't have to have rain for it to be cool. It's perfectly possible for it to be sunny and 20-21C for the whole weekend. It just happened that a heatwave coincided with Glastonbury this year.

I loved the weather, mainly for the lack of mud! I suspect many who complain didn't go in 2005 and 2007?

I would have preferred it cooler as I didn't achieve much between about 11 and 4 each day. But i'd rather 2010 than 2009 :)

2009 any day (year?) - IMO 2009 was the best weather I've had in 9 Glastonburys. This year was too hot... Friday I really wanted to see Bombay Bicycle Club but just couldn't be out in the sun any longer... crawled around the site looking for even the tiniest bit of unoccupied shade and ended up dragging myself up the big hill to lie down in the big breakfast tent for an hour.

I don't do to well in heat and was very very happy everytime there was a cloud. That said, one of my best Glastonburys ever!

Edited by coolethan

I'm from Manchester; the capital of drizzle. How anyone can describe 90 degree heat as 'great weather' is beyond me. Spent at least half of each day cowering under the gazebo, shuffling 6 inches to the left all day as the sun continued its remorseless assault. People who can wander around all day half naked without passing out amaze me. Personally, i would suggest 70-75 degrees with a nice little breeze and bit of cloud cover is perfect. I''ve rarely misssed Manchesters weather as much as this weekend and couldn't resist a beaming smile when i returned home yesterday and within an hour the heavens had opened. Great festival obviously, just a bit too hot this time.