Food prices a joke!

Guest banter

I cant believe the prices of food this year, £2.50 for an icecream! £7 for a plate of noodles! £4.50 for a thin crepe!

I really think this is the one thing that lets the festival down, there needs to be a price cap on the food as its too much money for food that isnt actually that good.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only reason its so high is because glastonbury charge them so much for being there. Think about it. its another way for the festival to make monney and dont forget a lrge sum of the prophits go to charity so its not all going to the food seller and to the eavis's back pockets.

I agree though it was very exspencive but it aint going to change and its the same every event like this out there

I cant believe the prices of food this year, £2.50 for an icecream! £7 for a plate of noodles! £4.50 for a thin crepe!

I really think this is the one thing that lets the festival down, there needs to be a price cap on the food as its too much money for food that isnt actually that good.

Tor Rugby club by the Cider Bus had a chicken wrap, plus nachos and salsa (proper meal size portion) plus a bottle of water for £5. It was good enough that I'd happily pay that on the high street. You just needed to shop around.

Tor Rugby club by the Cider Bus had a chicken wrap, plus nachos and salsa (proper meal size portion) plus a bottle of water for £5. It was good enough that I'd happily pay that on the high street. You just needed to shop around.

Yes I agree you do need to look about for cheaper food and I dont mind paying for stuff thats real good, Ive been a few times I know the score, yes the pitches are expensive for the stallholders, my friend has a stall there and they take home £10k and thats just what they make, so please dont use the charity angle!

Thank goodness water was free thats all I can say!

I paid between £4 - £7 for a decent meal, i found that things that were pretty much unique were far better value than burgers, ice creams, or hot dogs. This is inline with what i expected. I dont think this is excessive compaired with other UK events i have been to. But i agree that you had to shop around for good value.

Green fields and around there I think are fine for food, relatively good prices for the best food on site. The pizza tent up there was £6.50 for a chili pizza, £5.00 for a margarita (full pizza, none of that on slice jobs) and its damn tasty. Had a curry from a stand near the skate park and my god was it good and the size of it, well, I didn't need anything else after that. Buying any food from near the main stages is a very bad idea if you want value for money.

£2 for a Espanada (sp?) from the Argentinian place with the giant Maradonna poster.

£3.50 for a large pasty from Cornish Pasty shop

£4.90 for a big plate of Tapas.

£6 for Paella

£5-7 for various curries

Prices much the same as usual - less noticeable budget food deals on many menus.

I was pleasantly surprised that things hadn't gone up too much this year. I will admit that I didn't use Manic Organic this year as they had hiked up their prices, but most of my usual haunts were pretty much the same as last year - Pieminister hadn't put their prices up, nor had the Goan Fish Curry man or the Blue Note cafe or Buddhafields, or the Thali Cafe or the pizza yurt. Nor had the Brothers Bar!

The ice cream vans were obviously taking the piss a bit but if people are stupid enough to pay £3 for a cone the sellers will keep on selling!

There's no need to pay excessive amounts for food if you shop around enough. As an example - pizza and pasta place near the Pyramid was charging £8 for half a pizza; 5 minutes walk away near Greenpeace you could have a whole (freshly cooked) pizza for £6, and there are lots of places where you can get a meal big enough to sustain you for the whole day for the price of a poxy bowl of noodles or a nasty burger

hmmm ok i take all your points!! However i guess with the sheer scale of glasto, to have to walk up to the green fields to be able to eat 2/3/4 times a day (with 2 kids in tow to boot) is a bit much.

Im just a bit miffed that the stallholders have a huge markup that is pure greed. How can £5 for a huge plate of noodles from Good Thai Dins at West Holts which I feel is good value for money, compare with £4.50 for a crappy crepe?

My point being is all about value for money and a lot of the food sellers take the piss.

Hubby had a falafel and it was £5.50 in the green fields, and an extra £1 if you wanted houmous!!!!! Falafel is meant to come with houmus as standard! Greedy stallholders IMO :angry:

not too sure why folks are moaning about food prices, they are much the same at any festival. personally £5-6 for a filling tasty meal at a festival is not out of the way IMO. Main stages are always more pricey. Best food i found at Glasto was by the West Holts stage, some fantastic stuff on offer for much more reasonable prices than the "main areas".

Edited by headshrinker1979

Asian Grub Foundation between Glade and Other. Three huge Samosas for a fiver. Delicious.

Tor Rugby club. Excellent.

Manic Organic, huge portions of top quality daal and chana.

Yes there were some things that were cheap and nasty (one plate of nachos with disgusting purified orange cheese springs to mind) but overall I thought the food was good and reasonably priced, cost certainly not hiked up from the last two years.

People need to stop moaning and either look around for cheaper alternative or cook for themselves! I mean I could easily fill myself up on about £3 or £4 max. Those lovely cheese covered garlic baguettes with bacon for £3.50 were delicious. Also, if you look hard enough you can find burgers and bacon rolls/baguettes for about 2 quid less than other stalls. A place near West Holts sold these amazing chargrilled burgers, want another one :(

We had three Curries on rice for 6 quid. Quite a big portion and no different than last year.

What I found more amazing was that the fresh lemonade was as expensive as a pint of cider/beer.

I suppose they had to make up for all the years, when everybody used to just walk past because

it was freezing cold and/or very wet.

Lovely lemonade though, more of a treat than a drink.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Sabcully