Flags - still a bit of an issue

Guest budvar

Going from the view I had, apparently Muse is fronted by 3 mexican flags. They are bloody annoying. People even had them for the England v Germany game. As if it wasn't hard enough to see already, some idiots had to hold flags up!

The best flag I saw all weekend was on top of a massive flag pole, and was about 10cm big. It looked hilarious!

I had a bit of a flag rage moment during Hot Chip. Some bloke with a CND flag just kept brushing ot over the head of anyone near him. after about 4 or 5 times of him gettting me i grabbed it off him, snapped the flag pole in half over my knee and threw it on the floor. The bloke was with about 5 other mates so could easily have started a fight with me but he didn;t know what to do so just moved away!

My mrs didn;t know what to do as i an usually very laid back! i got a lot of stick for it for the rest of the weekend!

I remember during the Phoenix set the lead singer briefly mentioned the crazy amount of Mexico flags that were right in the middle and clearly blocking his view of the crowd.

"Mexico you are killing me....." was his response so its not just the fans who get pissed off with the flags it probably ruins it for a lot of the bands as well who want to be able to see the crowd as much as we want to see them.

Anyone else miss out on a huge chunk of Stevie Wonder due to the huge Glasto 2009/Glasto 2010 flag?? Most of the day it had been hoisted pretty high but they must've got knackered by the end of the night cos it kept getting lower and lower until it obliterated my view of not only Stevie himself, but also of the giant screen at the back of the stage. Had to watch a big part of the gig on the screens at the side - rubbish!!

It was my fourth time to Glastonbury and personally I do not mind the flags.

True that they can obscure the view but typically people are pretty far back and can't fully appreciate that stage setup from that kind of distance anyway.

Of course this is why there are huge screens to view.

People need to whinge less and just enjoy what is a cracking festival.

True that they can obscure the view but typically people are pretty far back and can't fully appreciate that stage setup from that kind of distance anyway.

Must say that I didn't get anywhere near as p!$$ed off with the d@mn things this year compared to last year but there was still rather too much boring old stuff to be in any way sensible I think. Was good to see one huge great banner that appeared during Rolfie get shouted down by the 1000's of peeps unfortunate enough to be behind it. Took a li'l time but it eventually got sheepishly rolled up before cr@p various needed to start flying in the owners direction to encourage it's removal :lol:

Did look like there more 'good' ones this year as well. Original and funny flags and/or cr@p-on-a-stick are always welcome and esp so if they're not totally blocking the view but being waved around enthusiastically and so on. Did see one 'professional' looking flag a la the bl**dy I [heart] Sausage stylee thing while I was wandering round the Pyramid field mind you <_< In fact I actually stumbled across the (in)famous sausage stall as well this year ... leading to *very* sarcastic comments being made and not a cat in hells chance of any sausages being consumed even if they'd been the only stall on site and I hadn't eaten in weeks !

I kinda thought I also saw what looked like it might be an amusing rip-off of the I [heart] sausage flag - similar shape but much more sensibly sized and with something about "fried products" on it. Couldn't see it closely or clearly enough unfortunately but almost certainly a handmade jobbie for amusement purposes anyway. Anyone else see it and know what it actually said or better still have piccies ? Or indeed any piccies at all of genuinely amusing flags :)

I remember during the Phoenix set the lead singer briefly mentioned the crazy amount of Mexico flags that were right in the middle and clearly blocking his view of the crowd.

"Mexico you are killing me....." was his response so its not just the fans who get pissed off with the flags it probably ruins it for a lot of the bands as well who want to be able to see the crowd as much as we want to see them.