2nd Glastonbury World Cup

Guest hogga

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have only just unpacked my bag and gotten in front of a computer for the 1st time in a week and a half, but here goes: the official match stats for the game. My only hope is that this causes all sorts of arguments...

GOALS:

ENGLAND 6 RoW 4

SCORERS:

Eng. (Frames, 9) (Kennedy, 18) (Barton, 23) (Parma, 24) (Barton, 47) (Un_named, 60)

RoW. (Murphy, 25) (Un_named, 26) (Un_named, 55) (Un_named, 62)

PENALTIES:

Eng. 0 .. RoW. 1 (saved)

CORNERS:

Eng. 7 .. RoW. 11

FOULS:

Eng. 2 .. RoW. 0

Y. CARDS:

Eng. 1 (Androo) .. RoW. 0

R. CARDS:

Eng. 0 .. RoW. 0

SHOTS ON TARGET:

Eng. 11 .. RoW. 10

SHOTS OFF TARGET:

Eng. 14 .. RoW. 9

ATTENDANCE: Some

STREAKERS: 2. But, disappointingly, only topless and with a distinct lack of nude press ups on the centre spot :(

MATCH REPORT:

What can I say? England won. And with a total of 25 shots against 19, and 2 fouls against none, it's clear that in this instance fortune favoured the brave. And, of course, England had Jesus on their team. He was magic on the cross.

I have uploaded the pictures my son took of the game. There are rather a lot and I am in most of them. It is the first time I have ever used photobucket, so I wasn't sure how to edit them. They seem to be in reverse order but I think you can reverse them.

http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af312/STUTHEBLUE/Efestivals%20World%20Cup%202010/?start=80

They are some good ones of the pile-on at the end.

Have only just unpacked my bag and gotten in front of a computer for the 1st time in a week and a half, but here goes: the official match stats for the game. My only hope is that this causes all sorts of arguments...

GOALS:

ENGLAND 6 RoW 4

SCORERS:

Eng. (Frames, 9) (Kennedy, 18) (Barton, 23) (Parma, 24) (Barton, 47) (Un_named, 60)

PENALTIES:

Eng. 0 .. RoW. 1 (saved)

CORNERS:

Eng. 7 .. RoW. 11

FOULS:

Eng. 2 .. RoW. 0

Y. CARDS:

R. CARDS:

Eng. 0 .. RoW. 0

SHOTS ON TARGET:

Eng. 11 .. RoW. 10

SHOTS OFF TARGET:

Eng. 14 .. RoW. 9

STREAKERS: 2. But, disappointingly, only topless and with a distinct lack of nude press ups on the centre spot :(

MATCH REPORT:

What can I say? England won. And with a total of 25 shots against 19, and 2 fouls against none, it's clear that in this instance fortune favoured the brave. And, of course, England had Jesus on their team. He was magic on the cross.

Well finally back at work after having a week of post-Glastonbury recovery.

Wanted to say a proper thanks to Hogga, Chaz and NoRainPlease for all the effort they put in. To see that we raised over £9000 in the end makes it feel all the more worthwhile. Loved playing in the game, even if my total lack of fitness and pre-match warmup routine meant that I struggled to play for all that long. Good to finally meet up with some of you as well. I hope that you do decide to have the game again next year, i'm sure we'd all be willing to chip in to help with the organisation.

:D

Well finally back at work after having a week of post-Glastonbury recovery.

Wanted to say a proper thanks to Hogga, Chaz and NoRainPlease for all the effort they put in. To see that we raised over £9000 in the end makes it feel all the more worthwhile. Loved playing in the game, even if my total lack of fitness and pre-match warmup routine meant that I struggled to play for all that long. Good to finally meet up with some of you as well. I hope that you do decide to have the game again next year, i'm sure we'd all be willing to chip in to help with the organisation.

:D

Cheers to Hogga, Chaz and Co for sorting the football and wateraid stuff out. Great result.

Personal highlight for me was my my dentist chair celebration with Hogga. Anyone got a picture of that?

Overall had a great time, top day.

GOALS:

ENGLAND 6 RoW 4

SCORERS:

PENALTIES:

Eng. 0 .. RoW. 1 (saved)

CORNERS:

Eng. 7 .. RoW. 11

FOULS:

Eng. 2 .. RoW. 0

Y. CARDS:

R. CARDS:

Eng. 0 .. RoW. 0

SHOTS ON TARGET:

Eng. 11 .. RoW. 10

SHOTS OFF TARGET:

Eng. 14 .. RoW. 9

MATCH REPORT:

I think the only way to do it where it doesn't take up too much time but is still a good laugh is to take it back to basics. We get two teams organised, meet up, Hobo Jones play then have a quick 30mins each way game of football. Then go for a few drinks at the cider bus afterwards like last year.