Download 2011

Guest Lithium05

I think the 3rd headliner is pretty obvious & everyones missed it!

This band.....

*Never Played Download Before (doubt AC is gona select 3 headline repeat bookings!)

*Have'nt played the UK in donkey's years

*Fit The Classic Rock Tag

*Have A Huge cult following

*They would only ever accept headlining

*Headlined some European Sonispheres last Summer....but dont seem to be contracted to play any Soni's next summer but have announced 1 UK show next year....so are available

*Totally different to SOAD and Linkin Park so tick the variety box section.

*Andy Copping hasnt ruled them out but seems to have ruled out all the other 'headliner' suggestions

....surely it is MANOWAR

...this is what my gut is telling me....and my gut instinct is normally very reliable.....so i think efests can now add them as a rumour...make that strong rumour! ;)

edit. and note i am not a Manowar fanboy, bloody cant stand them myself!

Edited by r0w

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 3rd headliner is pretty obvious & everyones missed it!

This band.....

*Never Played Download Before (doubt AC is gona select 3 headline repeat bookings!)

*Have'nt played the UK in donkey's years

*Fit The Classic Rock Tag

*Have A Huge cult following

*They would only ever accept headlining

*Headlined some European Sonispheres last Summer....but dont seem to be contracted to play any Soni's next summer but have announced 1 UK show next year....so are available

*Totally different to SOAD and Linkin Park so tick the variety box section.

*Andy Copping hasnt ruled them out but seems to have ruled out all the other 'headliner' suggestions

....surely it is MANOWAR

...this is what my gut is telling me....and my gut instinct is normally very reliable.....so i think efests can now add them as a rumour...make that strong rumour! ;)

edit. and note i am not a Manowar fanboy, bloody cant stand them myself!

I think [and hope] r0w is joking, cus there is ABSOLUTELY no way Manowar are headlining main stage at Download.

AC even said that they could MAYBE headline second stage at a push, but even that was a stretch.

EDIT - hadn't seen r0w had said AC hasn't ruled them out, he has, he said they're nowhere near popular enough in the UK to headline

Edited by luckysalt

I think [and hope] r0w is joking, cus there is ABSOLUTELY no way Manowar are headlining main stage at Download.

AC even said that they could MAYBE headline second stage at a push, but even that was a stretch.

EDIT - hadn't seen r0w had said AC hasn't ruled them out, he has, he said they're nowhere near popular enough in the UK to headline

Edited by r0w

No way, thats pretty bad of them, Nova Rock gets some good line ups.

I saw Andy say something about on twitter about Soni up to something but I never heard about this offer, Soni haven't advertised it very well.

Edited by r0w

• 3 weeks later...

I reckon we could be loooking at Evanescence playing so maybe a headliner than would fit above them?

I would love to see Pendulum again but as someone said I have a feeling too they'll be 2nd headliner so as can get the visual properly as copping had particularly mentioned that, and subbing headliner or 3rd main stage wouldn't provide full benefit.

tbh it is a genius move on sonispheres part. They give u the free choice of a Nova Rock Ticket.....or 2 free tickets....yes 2 tickets! to sonisphere in poland and Soni in Czech Rep - both only 1 day but guess what??? again...the same weekend as Download!

I reckon we could be loooking at Evanescence playing so maybe a headliner than would fit above them?

I would love to see Pendulum again but as someone said I have a feeling too they'll be 2nd headliner so as can get the visual properly as copping had particularly mentioned that, and subbing headliner or 3rd main stage wouldn't provide full benefit.

I saw all the news pieces on Evanescence this weekend and their 'amazing' new album. God I hope they're at Soni, don't want them anywhere near Download

[/quo

I didn't think much to them at DL07 although i think they had a few sound problems, i prefer Within Temptation myself who i thought were amazing in 08

Yeah, I put this up last night, how Alter bridge aren't down as SR let alone TBC on efestivals now I dunno.

Also Scottie surely Social Distrotion need to be a R too now.

Ah well, if Alter Bridge don't get announced next week, I'll eat my hat! and its dirty! :lol: