Ads in the topic titles

Guest halvin

I quite like the way that ads are now served in the topic titles rather than down the side (okay, like is too strong a word, maybe prefer but they pay for the site yadda yadda). What I don't like is that the adverts take a little time to appear and when they do, they push the lower topics down, just when you're going to click on one. Would it be possible to wrap the ads in a fixed height div so that space is reserved for the ad on page load? That way the topic titles wouldn't suddenly jump unexpectedly.

• 2 months later...

I only see a white box too at the top of each thread with ==== advertisement ==== writen at the top and bottom. I get the same in IE.

the things that come immediately to mind are....

1. are you using an ad-blocker? If so, please disable it to allow ads to display when you're using eFestivals - the ads pay the bills, and without the income from ads this site won't be here.

2. do you have flash installed? Most of the ads are in flash format, so need flash to be installed for them to display.

3. I know that you (Boris) live in Spain, so it might be that the ads (or some ads) are setup to only display to people that are within the UK.

the things that come immediately to mind are....

1. are you using an ad-blocker? If so, please disable it to allow ads to display when you're using eFestivals - the ads pay the bills, and without the income from ads this site won't be here.

2. do you have flash installed? Most of the ads are in flash format, so need flash to be installed for them to display.

3. I know that you (Boris) live in Spain, so it might be that the ads (or some ads) are setup to only display to people that are within the UK.

Hi Neil... I turned off my ABP in Firefox and also tried in IE with no blocks either. I also reinstalled Flash so I think it's probably not my PC- I tried on other PCs here in Spain and it's the same. Apparently the ads show up in NZ but not afaik in Spain.

I've just today started getting the ads (in New Zealand, not been using an ad-blocker). First time I've seen them since the change (efestivals, not me, I haven't gone through the menopause). Used to get UK ads, but so far all been NZ ones. Took me while to even notice them though!

the ad-house I use switched to a new ad-server system yesterday, so I guess it's something to do with that.

Hi Neil... I turned off my ABP in Firefox and also tried in IE with no blocks either. I also reinstalled Flash so I think it's probably not my PC- I tried on other PCs here in Spain and it's the same. Apparently the ads show up in NZ but not afaik in Spain.

I'm not surprised - there's not a lot of point serving ads at people who (in the majority of cases, I'd guess) wouldn't understand what was being put in front of them because of the language difference.

I'm mildly surprised that they're set to work for people in NZ, but they do at least share a common language with us.

I'm not surprised - there's not a lot of point serving ads at people who (in the majority of cases, I'd guess) wouldn't understand what was being put in front of them because of the language difference.

I'm mildly surprised that they're set to work for people in NZ, but they do at least share a common language with us.