scottish fitba'

Guest ampersand

fair enough some don't have ush, but still, they've got access to more money so clearing the pitch is a doddle. our wee clubs need volunteers and players to clear the pitch. livingston had the bloody chairman doing the plumbing the other week.

the finances are vastly different from championship to scottish 1st division. i just think we'd find it much harder to get through 44 league games a season. plus 3 cups!

someone suggested that the league cup should be scrapped and i couldn't agree more.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard from a few people that the League Cup is quite lucrative for the clubs, so maybe this isnt such a good idea. Put it this way, the League Cup has a TV deal, the First Division doesn't (or at least, one that is worth any money whatsoever) Surely if you were to get rid of a cup (which I'm not sure you do anyway) it would be the Challenge Cup? There should be more matches in Scotland, not less imo.

I agree, it was a brilliant interview, far better than the rubbish Uncle Watty comes up with (that the media seem to lap up unquestionably) One thing though, I hate the argument that 'oh poor inverness have to travel so far to get to games'. They applied to get into the league and punters and teams travel far, far greater distances on the continent to get to games

Well that's us within three points of Hibs with a game in hand. I think we've got a decent team now and should hopefully add at least one more player before the window shuts. I think Hibs will be down there at the end of the season and the difference could be that Accies and St Mirren have been there before and know what to expect whereas Hibs won't and I can seriously see their bottle crashing. Personally I'm not fussed as long as we stay up.