HELP!

Guest cejx

OK, so the ticket holder has at least seen them since they were delivered - in that case I don't think they can argue that he didn't sign for them so he didn't receive them. The fact that the delivery guy did not check for ID doesn't really change anything. Hope it turns out OK for your friend...

From the sounds of it, they probably need to calm down and try and work out a few things.

Like when did they last see the tickets/envelope, have they had post since then, has the recycling been collected since then etc.. The tickets are most likely still in the house unless the recycling has been collected very recently.

From the sounds of it, they probably need to calm down and try and work out a few things.

Like when did they last see the tickets/envelope, have they had post since then, has the recycling been collected since then etc.. The tickets are most likely still in the house unless the recycling has been collected very recently.

Mate, i truly feel for your friends, but I dont think there is much hope except if someone posts on here about a spare going free, or they fancy jumping the fence........

The worst thing is the tickets will probably turn up somewhere obvious in about 2 weeks!! :(

This would destroy me, so I understand exactly how they feel.

I always worry about my ticket, and even though it is locked in the safe I check it still every few days!

Also worry a lot about them going missing on the way to the festival, as there is simply no comeback.

I think, as has been suggested, a barcode system would work best and would avoid situations like this, and should be looked at by glasto to offer a more compassionate service to ticket holders.

Of course if replacement tickets were available, glasto office would recieve countless requests, but nothing a small 10-20 quid admin fee wouldn't cover.

I heared a story last year on radio 1 about a group of friends who had chucked them out and went rooting about in the rubbish tip!

I just feel really bad for everyone that this happens to, there must be loads, but the lesson to be learned is to take good care of them!!

Maybe an idea in the future is for your friends to put them in a specific place.

In our house we have a place where tickets for festivals/gigs/football/trains go as soon as we receieve them. That way we always know where they are...I booked tickets for Frankie Boyle live that isn't till this October last November...and the tickets haven't moved since they were delivered last December. My Glastonbury ticket is tucked right next to it.

Passports are all kept in a safe in our downstairs cupboard.

I feel sorry for your friends, and it must be frustrating :( But maybe this is a very harsh lesson to not leave things "lying around" as my dear old mother would say especially if you have cleaners in the house and kids who may have picked them up by mistake.

This happened to us once on a much lesser scale. Mate had booked 6 tickets for The Coral at Glasgow Barrowlands, me, him, his g/f, and 3 other mates. On the day of the gig told us he'd lost them. He had no idea how, and had turned his place upside down looking for 'em. I'd travelled up from Leicester, so was obviously a bit devastated, but he ended up buying 6 tickets off a tout so we could all go. This was YEARS ago, and I currently share a house a with this friend, and to this day he still hasn't admitted how much it cost him off the tout...

But still, when it's Glastonbury tickets it's on a whole other level...

Like a few people have said; phone See, go apeshit. The pleb on the end of the phone doesn't get paid enough to have an arguement with anyone, so it'll get passed upwards and probably dealt with. Pleading non-delivery is the only way. Admitting idiocy will not get them new tickets.

Edited by dirtysteve

A quick update!

OK. All not lost. SEE have been contacted. As the flat which the tickets were delivered to has a shared front door - SEE are going back to DX to check that the tickets have been delivered correctly.

DX have a record of all signatures and photographs of all front doors delivered to apparently. The chinese signature obviously doesn't say Chris Brown, however its whether they can claim that the ticket actually went to the wrong address...

The trouble is that there is no bar code on the tickets.

Glasto cant cancel tickets, because without a bar code it is impossible to stop them being used. The guys on the gate just dont have enough time to check individual ticket numbers.

This isn't gonna make them feel any better, but i have a story that shows just how rubbish the system is.

We have friends who bought tickets back October but later on they decided they just couldn't afford it. They left it to the last possible day, but with a very heavy heart they cancelled their tickets. They got their refund a week later.

Well, you can guess what's coming, week before last their tickets were delivered.

So, they are going to the ball. Free and by the generosity of See and Glasto. With no bar code, no one on the gate can possibly know.

I really feel for your friends. Personally, i would get a crime number and report them stolen. It probably wont work, but of all plans, it probably has the most chance.

OK. Sadly SEE were unable to issue dupes, or issue tickets to be picked up on site so Emma and Chris have had to buy off Gum Tree - and are now known as Louise and Drew!!

Now whereas I'd never advocate ticket touting or selling on for a profit in any way shape of form, this has been their only way in. I hope that in the future there can be some kind of system which can allow nobheads (like my friends) who have 'mislaid' their tickets, or for those who have genuinely lost their tickets through theft, fire or whatever to obtain duplicates - obviously for an admin fee and a lot of faff so as not to make it too easy for others thinking it is a way to make a quick buck.