2011 Headliners

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a weird one with rockness, I mean i'm sure it will be some one kinda popular (a lot of folk didn't know who leftfield were last year), dancy and easily sell out 2000-3000 venues at a £20 POP. So Deadmau5 isn't really off cuff, but with no chart breakthough I'd say, clash headline. Justice, would maybe be a clash, but in a daftpunk mistake way.

So I would say

Jamiroqaui (friday) new album out loadsa sells and a great live band

Moby (saturday) not played in ages

Primal Scream (sunday)

following from the template last year.

Its a weird one with rockness, I mean i'm sure it will be some one kinda popular (a lot of folk didn't know who leftfield were last year), dancy and easily sell out 2000-3000 venues at a £20 POP. So Deadmau5 isn't really off cuff, but with no chart breakthough I'd say, clash headline. Justice, would maybe be a clash, but in a daftpunk mistake way.

So I would say

Jamiroqaui (friday) new album out loadsa sells and a great live band

Moby (saturday) not played in ages

Primal Scream (sunday)

following from the template last year.

We were talking about it tonight and although they're massive and definately would go down a storm, I really hope it's not Faithless. They are definately due a set at Rocknes but I feel after playing TITP this year they'd be better another time.

Going to fling this one out there as well as a high up mainstager but not headliner.

Beck

Would be Awesome.

all we have so far : "All I can say is that RockNess fans love them and they’ll ensure a massive party descends on the Loch in June 2011"

this suggests the group has played before....

also jim refers to them as a 'band', i think you can discount dance duo's for this one as they are not normally referred to as a band? (not chemical bro's, daft punk or orbital. not that it was ever gonna be daft punk).

Edited by Memory Man

all we have so far : "All I can say is that RockNess fans love them and they’ll ensure a massive party descends on the Loch in June 2011"

this suggests the group has played before....

also jim refers to them as a 'band', i think you can discount dance duo's for this one as they are not normally referred to as a band? (not chemical bro's, daft punk or orbital. not that it was ever gonna be daft punk).