let's get drunk.

Guest yuvalgiv2

If you take a camp chair in with you for a sit down you can stash stuff in the bag with the chair. I managed to get a 2ltr bag of wine, 3ltr bag of Westons Vintage cider (£7 from Tesco!) & about 4 cans into the arena. Also managed to get 4 cans up each trouser leg once by balancing them on top of each other & walking like John Wayne. I have never been caught.

I do find myself doing the picking up cups thing now - after mass exoduses from the NME tent - usually if I'm quick I can get a pints worth and then get an ale - having the real ale bar there meant I was tempted to drink this year - usually it's a couple of pear ciders (if they're on sale) and that's it for that day I can't drink lager or the apple cider.

I do find myself doing the picking up cups thing now - after mass exoduses from the NME tent - usually if I'm quick I can get a pints worth and then get an ale - having the real ale bar there meant I was tempted to drink this year - usually it's a couple of pear ciders (if they're on sale) and that's it for that day I can't drink lager or the apple cider.

It's extortionate I'll agree but I adopt a no expense spared policy for reading.

I figure the other 360 days of the year I'm constantly trying to stay within budget, usually overdrawn and worrying about money. And I haven't had a holiday in several years so 5 days at reading I just go "to hell with it" and usually end up spending £250 odd over the 5 days on food, fags, drink and merchandise.

Worth every penny as well.

Last year most of my cups went to my mate Lee in the banana suit, stored them in the bottom of the banana and saved himself a few quid. I don't bother with it personally.

Edited by Mega Ross

I think this is the approach I need to take this year, I only had a pint or two at the bar over the weekend & faffing around in your tent for food & drink makes you miss stuff, even if it is nice to have a rest for half an hour. But this year I'll just buy stuff in the arena to save myself a walk.

Anyone have any feedback on those roast dinner in a yorkshire pudding devices I still fancy one of those to this day, they as good as they look?