Glastonbury VIP

Guest mrtutz

Hi,

Managed to lay my mitts on one of these for £200, I would usually buy a normal ticket, but I was gutted to miss out on both the first sale, and the re issue due to work commitments.

The one I have is in someone elses name, however, there's no photo, and the guy who's flogging it is selling it with ID.

Thing is, these are coming to him as a pair, so I reckon if I turn up without the guy with the other ticket it might look a bit suss.

Has anyone had VIP at Glastonbury before?

How tough / lax is the security? Do I still need to take a tent? Are there showers?

I'm probably going to spend most of the festival with my mates outside of VIP, I just would like to know what I'm getting into.

Any help would be really appreciated

Cheers

Never heard of them mate - anyone else?

Know there are some 'corprate' tickets, maybe it's one of those. I'd say def still bring some bits just in case - don't think they lay on a hotel or anything!

Thinking about it, does it actually say VIP on it? If not might just be a workers ticket - sounds a little like the ticket I used to get when worked there as a bin man. That had no photo, just a name. I was told to bring ID but wasn't actually asked to show it.

Also, doubt anyone on the gate will know that they should be a pair - or just claim the other half is hanging back in the car or something.

Thinking about it, does it actually say VIP on it? If not might just be a workers ticket - sounds a little like the ticket I used to get when worked there as a bin man. That had no photo, just a name. I was told to bring ID but wasn't actually asked to show it.

Also, doubt anyone on the gate will know that they should be a pair - or just claim the other half is hanging back in the car or something.

I did see an area near the stages where people with different wrist bands could get in, in fact there was one to the left of the Pyramid stage last year, near water aid. Someone I know from work's boyfriend won tickets from radio one years ago, but that was vip and then some, free bar, free motor home.

I would settle just to get in mate!

I have been working at festivals for 21 years and its very rare that any Guest area { now being called hospitality } has a free bar open to all guests.

There has been a few and I have worked in some of them at Glasto but they are highly restrictive in who they let in and even with a Bar staff pass security at times were not allowing us in until we dragged the promoter to the beer tent.

As for getting in all the details should have been supplied with the ticket as there is a separate hospitality and press entry point so your ticket { assuming it is a hospitality ticket } will not allow you to enter by the other gates.

I must say that was a very cheap ticket as last year I spotted hospitality tickets being sold for £ 500

I take it you were joking when you wrote ' Do I still need to take a tent ? '

you keep using the initials VIP when in fact Glastonbury has never called its Guest area the VIP area.

I work for the WBC that runs the main bars.

In some previous years our campsite was just outside so we would enter via the hospitality and press entry point and security is all over that area .

We of course already had our crew wristband so we never had to queue up at the box office { and yes at times there is a queue } so not sure how strict they are but they do check documents.

once you get a hospitality wrist band you can enter via the production road or at the side of the Pyramid stage but if you think you can sneak in a few mates forget it as they watch that area like a hawk.

You are now walking in the area that used to be called the Backstage area but you will not get closer than fifty feet of the back of the Pyramid stage as you need a separate production wrist band to reach that area.

The main benefit is its possible to get from th Pyramid stage to the other stage very quickly { Or vice versa }

there may or may not be some corporate area's - each requires a separate wrist band or token and security is very tight in those areas as well.

its unlikely you will spot many stars as they tend to fly in and then fly straight out.

The hospitality bar is shown below and is a walk in bar with view screens hanging from the ceiling and no its a pay bar { prices are a bit higher than the normal bars }

backstage-bar.jpg

Other than the short cut from the Pyramid to the Other stage, I don't see the appeal of a backstage pass.

The fun is in the public areas.

I gather that there are some stages in the crew only areas -- but who wants to be in an exclusive audience like that? I want to be among an excitable band of normal people.

Hi,

Managed to lay my mitts on one of these for £200, I would usually buy a normal ticket, but I was gutted to miss out on both the first sale, and the re issue due to work commitments.

The one I have is in someone elses name, however, there's no photo, and the guy who's flogging it is selling it with ID.

Thing is, these are coming to him as a pair, so I reckon if I turn up without the guy with the other ticket it might look a bit suss.

How tough / lax is the security? Do I still need to take a tent? Are there showers?

I'm probably going to spend most of the festival with my mates outside of VIP, I just would like to know what I'm getting into.

Cheers

Quite a bit about hospitality here /index.php?showtopic=122551&hl=hospitality">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.p...;hl=hospitality

I have camped in Hospitality about 4 times and last year the camping area was moved up to where the old cinema field was. There is an entrance there where you will pick up your wristband. They wont ask too many q's upon entry so dont worry about that. Toilets & showers are plentiful and cleaned daily.

The main benefit is being able to walk through the middle of the site which can save a lot of time depending on where you are going.

Quite a bit about hospitality here /index.php?showtopic=122551&hl=hospitality">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.p...;hl=hospitality

I have camped in Hospitality about 4 times and last year the camping area was moved up to where the old cinema field was. There is an entrance there where you will pick up your wristband. They wont ask too many q's upon entry so dont worry about that. Toilets & showers are plentiful and cleaned daily.

The main benefit is being able to walk through the middle of the site which can save a lot of time depending on where you are going.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Cheers