How long until the beers runs out this time?

Guest Pablo5p

I see that there is another brewery suppying the beer this year, lets hope that they dont make the same mistake of Wickwar when they took over from Wychwood brewery, and have plenty of stocks for the weekend. And since when has waitrose had festival vans?? I guess this is for the beige trouser, day visitor crowd, bring on the chelsea tractors...

Three squid a pint - reasonable!

I suppose that's probably cheap for you southern folks. It's just us savages from up north that get reasonably priced booze.

Hells Flame --- young Aaron, our transient, working class Northerner has got a reet owld cob on here eh?

And at £3.50 a pint of cider---who can blame him. Sorry like---that is obscene imo.

I draw the line at 3 snots me. I can get a pint of beer in the local Wetherspoons from £1.55. Guiness is £2.60 etc.

And whilst i fully accept--- its a festival, extra costs etc etc --nah.£3.50? Yer can get 2 joints for that!!

I`m a great believer in--if yer dont like it--dont go--dont pay the money etc etc. But really---you`d be better off drinking a pint of petrol at those prices.

Cheltenham is really really down south isnt it?

den

Den at all I hear what you're saying. I think you live it places where beer is priced as it should be. Where we have our office in Witney there are about 28 pubs, and you can't get a pint of cider for less than £3.50- most places £3.70. Beer duties and other dull things have really gone up this year and there are a lot of costs involved. We are selling as cheap as we can...sorry but it is a costly operation and stock....

we live as south as you can get, on the Lizard in Cornwall. Our local pub has a nice weak real ale (Otter - like at Beautiful Days) for £2.80 a pint, but anything posher is £3 plus, not sure what the cider costs down there. I maintain that £3 for the main drinking beer is not that bad.