Comfortable wellies? Suggestions please....

Guest Bexxxxx

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just blagged a pair of Crocs Crocband wellies. They're ridiculously comfortable and weigh about the same as a packet of rizla.

Not sure the soles are going to offer much grip tho...

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-crocband-jaunt-...cgid=womens-new

Kind of, very tall socks (knee lenght at least), should be wool or high wool content (but fleece is getting common, I find it sweaty) and usually extra thick round the toes, heels and pads of the feet. When you put the wellies on, you should be able to pull your socks up far enough to fold them over the top of the wellies like so

http://www.hunterfestivalboots.co.uk/socks-c-147.html

Doing that is not purely about style,I found doing that helps the feet breath a lot better as every step just seems to pump air around the inside of the boot.

I finally purchased Hunter's this year and they are comfier than all the wellies I have had in the past. When it comes to welly socks, I got some from Yeomans and they are ok, but I find that they make my feet rather hot (think it's the fleecey material they are made from).

This year I may go for long hockey type socks and see how they feel!

This will be my 7th Glasto and I'm bringing my wellies since the two previous occasions when I haven't were '98 and '05 - both mudbaths.

Even though I won't be needing them, I'll wear skiing socks inside as they're elasticated and stay up - you don't want your calves razored by the tops of your wellies.

Also, take the insoles out of a pair of trainers and put them in your wellies. They should be the same size ;) and are much more comfy if you're standing about in them all day. Wellie insoles are usually pretty crap, especially if they're cheap wellies (like mine).