Comfortable wellies? Suggestions please....

Guest Bexxxxx

!!Strange Rambley Question Alert!!

My father is coming to Glastonbury the first time this year and I recommended he get a pair forgetting completely that he grew up on a farm. He laughed at me and informed me Hunter's are worn only by 'Gentlemen farmers' and that real farmers wear... then he completely forgot the brand. Anyone know what he might have been thinking of?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks; they look great.

can't see what they measure round calf. Any idea?

I have only worn them around the house, but they seem comfortable to me

I was exactly the same. Loads of peeps said Hunters are great, then others would

say buy MuckBoots and I though I might be wasting my money because of the 'trendyness'.

Went for the Hunters because they look a bit more like Wellies and did not go for the stupidly

priced ones, like 80 quid or the 'designer range' for a reasonable 250 :blink:

I do a lot of walking and needed something comfy.

Bought some memory foam insoles and it is Heaven. Walked for 9 miles without stopping and

my feet did not ache at all !!!

Worth the money.

Nooo! They are flipping awful! I bought a pair for 2007 (I think? It was a muddy year anyway) and spent the time walking around like Bambi on ice. No grip. Vast areas of the site were out of bounds (anywhere on a slight slope). They just do not cope with Worthy Farm mud.

I sold them and bought Hunters - much better!

I don't know exactly but have an eye for these things and have never yet ordered a pair of wellies that don't go around my calf. 40.5 cm or 15.5 inch Standard Hunters go on me but no room for even a pair of leggings to go inside and incredibly uncomfortable to wear all day I would imagine I would get blisters on the calves, hence I was excited to hear the adjustable ones are going to be available in Fuchsia, then disappointed to find out they will not be available until July!!

now I may have strange feet but cheep wellies bought from Joe bananas with insoles and thick welly socks are truely among the most comfortable boots/shoes I have ever worn. If it is warm I fold the top of the socks over the top of the wellies, it just seems to make the difference as every step puffs air out and in. Crocs and jungle boots being equally comfortable (but crocs do look daft, no escaping that).

Apologies if this has been asked before - well I am certain it will - I've got a decent pair of walking boots but figure it would be sensible to have a pair of wellies as back up, just in case.............*peeks up at the weather gods and hopes they can't hear*

Anyway, I want to buy them online as you get best deals and am wondering on what size to go for. Do you go a size bigger to ensure your socks and insoles fit? Or normal size? I'm stuck as I can't get anywhere in the next fortnight to have an experiment before I buy them.

Cheers

Apologies if this has been asked before - well I am certain it will - I've got a decent pair of walking boots but figure it would be sensible to have a pair of wellies as back up, just in case.............*peeks up at the weather gods and hopes they can't hear*

Anyway, I want to buy them online as you get best deals and am wondering on what size to go for. Do you go a size bigger to ensure your socks and insoles fit? Or normal size? I'm stuck as I can't get anywhere in the next fortnight to have an experiment before I buy them.

Cheers