Comfortable wellies? Suggestions please....

Guest Bexxxxx

My wife was on the hunt for some cheap wide calf wellies (she is only ever going to wear them at a festival)when she discovered these in Sports Direct. They are Croc Boots, not very high legged but i can assure you they are perfect for wide calf legs. They were £40 in the shop but £10 on line, although they seem to only have them in size 4 and 10 oh and yellow or pink (described as multi).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was in a branch of go outdoors the other day and saw a pair of walking boots for 19.99 and a pair of waterproof gaiters for 4.99. The guy said the boots for hi-tech and waterproof and so were the gaiters.

the above is comfy, waterproof and cheap as opposed to

hunter wellies. 65quid.. :O

I have been using good walking boots and gaiters for years hiking and treking etc and not once got wet feet or legs.

You know it makes sense

Oh did I mention. You look a twat though wearing em

just checked mine this evening and found a small rip in them :(

so starts the laborious task of finding nice and comfies for ample calves that don't look shit. :rolleyes:

I bought a pair of Hunter Lowthers off Amazon for £17.99 absolute bargain. I know they are the cheap brand but they look good and will do the job for me. I have been wearing a pair of Homebase £10 jobs for the last couple of years and they have managed but are worn out now.

I found these cool looking croc skin wide calf wellies (Photo and link below)and ordered them Tuesday, can't wait for them to arrive!

I am wanting a pair of these but waiting for the Launch of colours, in July Fuchsia, Aubergine and Chocolate will be available.

Really expensive..£60 but a pair of wellies that will last.

I have had Asda cheapies in the past but they don't last, always end up with a split somewhere.

As I said...they last... so worth the £60

women-s-crocodile-wellingtons-black-1.jp

Link to wide calf wellies

My mum suffers with Lymphademia... the lymph glands in her left leg dont work to circulate fluid around the body, so as a result any fluid that goes to her leg, never leaves... and her leg just grows n grows :(

so I wondered whether anyone has a solution to the welly problem for my mother?

she normally can only wear slip on shoes as anything higher digs into her ankle....

she generally walks round glasto in crocs,,,, but when the rain starts she is stuck,....

hmmmm??

Hunter wellies are the BOMB! They are a bit pricey, but crazy, and will last you a lifetime. And are SO much comfier that cheapo ones.

Add in a poundland memory foam inner sole (gaffa tape it down so it doesn't move about) and some GOOD hikinh or snowboarding socks and you will have very very happy feet!

Always do your best to stop muddy/rain getting into the welly - keeps it comfier!

My mum suffers with Lymphademia... the lymph glands in her left leg dont work to circulate fluid around the body, so as a result any fluid that goes to her leg, never leaves... and her leg just grows n grows :(

so I wondered whether anyone has a solution to the welly problem for my mother?

she normally can only wear slip on shoes as anything higher digs into her ankle....

she generally walks round glasto in crocs,,,, but when the rain starts she is stuck,....

hmmmm??

Edited by ark

Hunters. Going cheap at http://www.wellywarehouse.co.uk. Got mine there last year for £30. You can get cheaper I know, but these have air-cushioned soles and are aboslutely the best pair of wellies I've ever had (and I've gone through loads over the years). AVOID all high fashion gimmicky ones - they'll split.

My wife was on the hunt for some cheap wide calf wellies (she is only ever going to wear them at a festival)when she discovered these in Sports Direct. They are Croc Boots, not very high legged but i can assure you they are perfect for wide calf legs. They were £40 in the shop but £10 on line, although they seem to only have them in size 4 and 10 oh and yellow or pink (described as multi).
Edited by moogdroog

hmmmmmmm.... a pic might be good if you wouldnt mind :) as they dont look so flexible as you say.....and at £40+ would rather be sure.... cheers...