Money Matters

Guest Old Blue

Hey all

First time festival-goer here. Just wondering if anyone knows if there are cashpoints at the festival site at all, or how near the nearest cash machine is if not?

Also are card payments accepted by retailers on site or is it stricyly cash only as I suspect?

Any advice on how anyone else is dealing with the money side of things whilst at the festival greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old Blue

Hi

In previous years there has been ATMs. Cash for most transactions I think (although vaguely recollect paying by card for a hoody last year and think the music shop folk take cards too), but for beer, food etc cash is king. I wouldn't take wadges of cash with you as always danger of unsavoury characters relieving you of it (although don't get the wrong idea - Wychwood is extremely friendly/chilled but there have been thefts from tents).

Hey all

First time festival-goer here. Just wondering if anyone knows if there are cashpoints at the festival site at all, or how near the nearest cash machine is if not?

Also are card payments accepted by retailers on site or is it stricyly cash only as I suspect?

Any advice on how anyone else is dealing with the money side of things whilst at the festival greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old Blue

Yeah--yer ok...there are/is ATM. Def one there in previuos years..also I am sure there will be a resident one at Cheltenham racecourse dont you (however as its close season-- it might not be in operation).

Re card payments... no--yer way out of bed.. loads of em accept cards. Obviously maybe not for an ice lollie...but the array of stalls you`ll see this weekend is one of the most varied you`ll see at a fest of this size.

Money... well --there was a situation a few years ago when a few people were done over from their tents... but that was isolated really. Advice is... dont leave anything in yer tent..and at night--sleep on yer dosh. The theory (as mentioned before) as thieves see it... puneters have most money on fri neet--they get pissed BIG time on fri neet.. so we`ll rob the bastards then!

But, tbh,, its just like being anywhere else re security... just be sensible.

Its all quite civilised you know.... you`ll have a ball...and as i`ve said... you MUST go to The Silent Disco in the BIG TOP..on every night till late.

If you dont report back on here that you LOVED it... well, err, like, well just dont come back on right.

Den