Chairs not allowed?

Guest Chris Haynes

And, even thou I'm a southerner from Wootton Bassett, I'll be talking to strangers. ;)

But Wootton Bassett IS Northern.. i`ve seen on the news when Our Lads come back and yer all come out... good crack that. Makes me cry.

Haddaway n shite man... can you imagine the chaos that would cause?And the smell of shite and piss would permeate into Pizza Expresses Value Fodder. Nah... I recall in previous years the area down towards the Big Top had enough space for playing,but it was a bit away from the main area for a lot of parents i suppose.

How did you KNOW they were Northerners? Did they have flat caps and ferret leads hanging out of thier arse pockets?. And signing on cards.. but i suppose the biggest givaway would have been roud the bar....

"How much pet? £3.50?? I only asked fer one pint pet--an yer yer tak that back hinnie--its as flat as a whippets fanny. £3,50? yer robbin bastards! Oway pet,we`ll gan back te the caravan an have a reet owld session back there...an f**k all these wi cardigans on... its like being out wi yer Muther. Eeee lad. An tha..."

den

<!--quoteo(post=3322159:date=Jun 8 2010, 02:51 PM:name=gratedenini)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gratedenini @ Jun 8 2010, 02:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3322159"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A good reply KoS..... I have refrained from joining in with such vociferous denouncement of The Tented Ones...and i`ll tell you why..... Mr G isn`t actually the only festy organiser who scouts the boards...in fact I`d suggest most of em do...because they (the organsisers) do want feedback.

Lets face it... the (now) swelled up ranks on here can only be classed as the thinnest of straw polls...but in previous years---the threads would be longer than a splilt glass of Meryl Steets 4guinea Cider.

So, in essence... I dont want Mr G to read these comments on people getting fleeced at the gates cos they are single, northern and not carrying anything. Y`know why? Cos theres a chance he (they) might do something about it..... and really, tbh--- yer dont want that.

Likewise..... the chairs... newbies were expressing doubts as to whether they would be allowed little blankets,soft drinks,apples and crisps...even coleiacs!!! (just what do they <b>taste</b> like? fancy having to eat those all the time) etc etc....

Well, now what yer might find next year is the Stewards being issued with self-adhesive moustaches and a pair of stiff boots... and they will let you in with f**k all but a pair of flip flops and a condom or two.

See what I`m saying.

Obviously, I didnt see the big tent caper...and if as described... how that wasn`t pissed on I do not know.

I have <b>never</b>--and never will.... sit on any for of chair, in front of a stage--but well out of the way,esp at 52yrs and with bairns etc. That imo is acceptable.

But, as has been pointed out..... these punters, in the main are Larmer-esque ie cardigans across the shoulders, they eat olives, dont watch Family Guy, think nowt of paying £3,50 a pint and mostly dont do sex with the woman on top...so what can you expect?

I personally feel... there should be a band in front of the stage for the freakers and dancers... then back from that --the inevitable <i>sitters</i> with hats they only wear <i>away from home</i>...and who read <i>papers</i>.

wtf? aye--they sit there reading the papers after spending £100s on getting in and £3.50 on their one pint of the weekend.... but y`know what... so what? Thats ok...they are no problem..Wychwood et al <b>needs </b>em...cos they are the majority.

And y`know what they mostly give to a festival like this.. the safe atmosphere.

Then you get the likes of me, who staggers about with me Orange Hat on and pisses in the bushes cos i cant wait at the bogs, singing me knapper off, and cleaning the thimbles of wine off the free trays,and who goes and talks to <i>strangers</i> (southerners dont <b>do</b> that) and who sees the incredulous looks on the cardiganed ones faces when they hear our bairns are called Larmer Dalyon & Hendrix Santana etc etc.... but... but ---it is the likes of me who <b>SHOUT FROM THE ROOFTOPS</b> to come to festivals like this.

And thats why I have tried to keep the forum going with my perpetual shite cum sense.

Now, see how i have cleverly distracted Mr G et al from the main point and he will now be thinking "He pisses in the bushes??? We need more bogs next year"

..whoa soap box collapse....

den<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

good post den but dont forget us common southerners we do do that!!! (sorry sounded scouse then)

I think i see you in orange hat - i had a very colourful pointy pixie type hat!!! There was a crowd of us , you must have heard us, maybe meet up next year!!1

• 1 year later...

I know some of these posts were intended as rants, but ...

I've been looking at festival options for next year and you all make it sound rather lovely: Pimms blankets, Pinot Grigio, picnic platters and chairs... so very civilised. I am quite sold on it.

I agree the tent in front of thevmain stage thing is a bit off, but the reason the middle classes are successful is that they have a more prominent selfish gene. If little Summer and Tobias need shelter then bugger the rest of you! Why someone didn't set fire to them or pull them down when they went walkabout is beyond me.

But I am convinced this is the one for us. Need to swap our old Argos chairs for something smarter, plus upgrade our cheapo sandals and grubby wellies to Birkenstocks and Le Chameau , but one does like to blend in.