special dietry needs

Guest Geri

as you cannot take your own food onto site do they cater for special dietry needs my daughter has coeliacs disease and was wondering will i be able to find foods that she can eat otherwise this is going to be a problem .
Edited by gratedenini

Look Spice.... I`ve been to all these fests--and lets not get the wrong impression about it if you havent been--- its great,and friendly and you will love it.

The rules persay... well---we got to have rules of course--its just how strictly they are interpretated...and as someone posted last night re kids tickets and their arses were going---so in stepped (graeme i presume) King Twig and said it will be ok.

And so ---take it (unofficially) that whilst you certainly wont be able to buy any coeliacs inside-- I`m sure you`ll be able to take em in for the bairn.

tbh---is a steward gonna stand there and empty yer bag of them at the gate saying NO FOOD ALLOWED!

There`d be hell on man, so honestly, I wouldnt worry a bit.

Maybe we should take the rule as --like err , oway people--- no setting marquees up with tables and chairs and pots of caviar and tubs of creme freche etc etc , but honestly, if i was to go in and food was taken off us --esp kids food--i`d do me knapper in!

Prob a good job I`m not going cos at this rate--i`d be thrown out!!!

Anyway Spice--- you will have a great time, really..loads to do and see and hear.

den

what are coleicas anyway? Like broccoli is it?

Thanks Den, it's about right- we are not overly officious and it's really about stopping people taking the Michael. Food within reason, kids snacks, special diets etc all is fine. Setting up a table with a 3 course meal might be frowned upon!

Look Spice.... I`ve been to all these fests--and lets not get the wrong impression about it if you havent been--- its great,and friendly and you will love it.

The rules persay... well---we got to have rules of course--its just how strictly they are interpretated...and as someone posted last night re kids tickets and their arses were going---so in stepped (graeme i presume) King Twig and said it will be ok.

And so ---take it (unofficially) that whilst you certainly wont be able to buy any coeliacs inside-- I`m sure you`ll be able to take em in for the bairn.

tbh---is a steward gonna stand there and empty yer bag of them at the gate saying NO FOOD ALLOWED!

There`d be hell on man, so honestly, I wouldnt worry a bit.

Maybe we should take the rule as --like err , oway people--- no setting marquees up with tables and chairs and pots of caviar and tubs of creme freche etc etc , but honestly, if i was to go in and food was taken off us --esp kids food--i`d do me knapper in!

Prob a good job I`m not going cos at this rate--i`d be thrown out!!!

Anyway Spice--- you will have a great time, really..loads to do and see and hear.

den

what are coleicas anyway? Like broccoli is it?

Coeliacs is an auto immune disorder that attacks the intestines she cannot eat anything with wheat and gluten in it which is virtually everything its a real pain but thanks for the advice anyway

As already stated, nobody is going to stop you taking snacks and stuff onto the site, especially if you explain the situation to the stewards on the gate.

But besides that you will find probably the biggest selection of veggie, vegan and just about every other kind of food stall on site. They are a bit steep mind, but I really doubt you would have difficulty getting food for your little one.