just a few questions...

Guest bennyk

This year i am going to LEEDS FESTIVAL for the first time with about 15/20 mates to celebrate exam results. Now i have seen on youtube and heard about these silly 'riots' and dont want to be involved in the slightest as i am going there for a fesitval experience and to enjoy myself, not to cause havoc to genuine festival goers, and be branded as a 17 year old thug that goes there to get wasted! ive just got a couple of questions that are going round in my head as its a first time and want to get the most out of it! I will have just turned 17 by the time the festival comes around and by no means look like a 19 year old but not a 15 year old with a high squeaky voice! :P If any experienced Leeds fest goers can answer any questions it would be much appreciated.

1. how much money would i roughly need to get me through the weekend (6am thursday to monday)?

2. best camping spots to enjoy myself with a good atmosphere but without trouble?

3. how stricked are they on taking alcohol into the camping area (not the music arena) ?

4. is it worth taking a mobile/camera?

any other info or advice would be great.

cheers

This year i am going to LEEDS FESTIVAL for the first time with about 15/20 mates to celebrate exam results. Now i have seen on youtube and heard about these silly 'riots' and dont want to be involved in the slightest as i am going there for a fesitval experience and to enjoy myself, not to cause havoc to genuine festival goers, and be branded as a 17 year old thug that goes there to get wasted! ive just got a couple of questions that are going round in my head as its a first time and want to get the most out of it! I will have just turned 17 by the time the festival comes around and by no means look like a 19 year old but not a 15 year old with a high squeaky voice! :P If any experienced Leeds fest goers can answer any questions it would be much appreciated.

1. how much money would i roughly need to get me through the weekend (6am thursday to monday)?

2. best camping spots to enjoy myself with a good atmosphere but without trouble?

3. how stricked are they on taking alcohol into the camping area (not the music arena) ?

cheers

1.) Depends, I take about £50 a day but I like to buy alot of drinks and food and have a bit extra to spend on stuff like T shirts etc... If you don't plan on buying food and not alot of drink then you can take alot less.

2.)Blue is a good campsite, I camped there for the first time last year and had no problems at all, It normally fills up by early Thursday but you should be ok. I'm sure other people will have different views but Blue has been the best so far for me.

3.)You should be ok bringing booze into the campsite, although you're 17 as long as you don't look really young and don't attract attention to yourself you should be ok.

4.)If you do bring anything make sure you keep it safe at all time. I'd suggest bringing an old mobile as when your drunk things are easily lost and the chances of you getting it back are minimal. As for a camera I wouldn't bring a top of the range one and keep anything of value either in your sleeping bag with you when your sleeping or next to your head as sometimes thieves can try to rob you while you're sleeping although this is higghly uncommon.

The best advice is just use common sense and don't be a dick and you'll have a fantastic weekend.

On the money point, I know mates who have got away with taking about 20 quid for the weekend. However thats with taking most of your food for cooking at the campsite and all your booze, leaving enough for a shitty fake t shirt or two!

Personally I take around 70-100 quid and spend most of it on food and a few pints in the arena a day

cheers