new announcement

Guest ampersand

Twin Atlantic, and Goldheart Assembly are amongst the latest additions to Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival, which takes place at Beauly, Inverness-shire on Friday 6th and Sunday 7th August.

Belladrum favourites Glasgow's Twin Atlantic make their Bella main stage debut this year after their two previous appearances. Joining them on the festival bill are Goldheart Assembly, Harper Simon (son of Paul Simon), Colin MacIntyre (Mull Historical Society), rising Scottish acts The Boy Who Trapped The Sun and Kassidy along with Leddra Chapman, Pete Lawrie, Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Orkestra del Sol, and Bombskare.

The Friday night is to be headlined by Feeder, while the Saturday is headlined by Amy Macdonald. Also playing are The Wailers, Candi Staton, Levellers, The Divine Comedy, Wolfstone, The Vatersay Boys, Stornoway, Erland and the the Carnival, Alex Gardner, Egyptian Hip Hop, Young Fathers, Unicorn Kid, and more. There are still more acts to be announced over the coming months.

bah humbugs the lot of you :P:P:lol:

the new announcement consolidates a sensible and enjoyable line up that is showing a good mix of talent. I think you have to be realistic. Bella builds on loyality and talent to provide a consistent festival. Maybe I am biasis, Bella is on my door step and i dont want to see it die off in over ambition (according to paper reports its going to sell out quicker than last year, so the gurnerers are in the minority. Interesting too that I see the scouting for girls years as the turn around for bella since then it has been a sell out.

Plenty others will have your tickets guys! :lol::lol::P

I take back some of my earlier reservations - just been listening to Goldheart Assembly and they sound pretty damned fine to my ears!! King of Rome and Under The Waterway could just be up there with Stornoway's Unfaithful and Zorbing, and Divine Comedy's Indie Disco as my anthems for the weekend. All aided by the Black Isle beverages. :P:P

Was never the biggest Mull Historical Society fan but won tickets to see Colin MacIntyre from xfm a few years ago and recieved a copy of the album free. He was really good and the album is actually really good and has lasted well, 3 songs remain on my ipod.

Pete Lawrie supported Turin Brakes, unfortunetly I missed him, but from reports he was really good and his cd was no too bad.

Kassidy are really good, missed their gig tonight because I had to work, but would have went otherwise.

I can see peoples point that there were no huge names, but then what I liked about bella was that there was a lot of bands on who I had never seen or even heard about and I came back raving about them.

i think Twin Atlantic will be superb Mainstage! They have done well and duely deserve there spot. They were amazing every year they have played, from the sit down scene in the seedlings tent, to last years release of Vivarium and there new songs! Can't wait for ths year :)

I take back some of my earlier reservations - just been listening to Goldheart Assembly and they sound pretty damned fine to my ears!! King of Rome and Under The Waterway could just be up there with Stornoway's Unfaithful and Zorbing, and Divine Comedy's Indie Disco as my anthems for the weekend. All aided by the Black Isle beverages. :P:P

5 days without any posts on the forum...........surely we can't let interest wane!! Especially since we're now only 8 weeks away.

Admittedly the weather's not setting the scene for festival going but hopefully Bella chat will increase next week after Rockness.

Making most of the lull by picking up on some of the acts not well known to me - particularly Goldheart Assembly, The Boy Who Trapped the Sun, and Egyptian Hip Hop - as well as Harper Simon.

And I bought a new torch!!! :P

Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival has confirmed Badly Drawn Boy and more for the line-up of acts heading for Beauly, Inverness-shire on Friday 6th and Sunday 7th August.

Badly Drawn Boy

Mercury Prize winning singer-songwriter Badly Drawn Boy is joined on the bill by Patch William, The Parsonage Choir, The Dangleberries, Brooklyn folk singer Nels Andrews, Rachel Sermanni, Alex Gardner, The Lush Rollers, Martin Stephenson, Joe Cassidy, and Bex Marshall.

The Friday night is to be headlined by Feeder, while the Saturday is headlined by Amy Macdonald. Also playing are The Wailers, Candi Staton, Levellers, The Divine Comedy, Wolfstone, The Vatersay Boys, Stornoway, Erland and the the Carnival, Alex Gardner, Young Fathers, Unicorn Kid, The Woodentops, Dick Gaughan, John Otway, Beth Jeans Houghton, and more. There are still more acts to be announced over the coming months.

Delighted with the Dangleberries, and I have it on very good authority that Rhythm N Reel are also playing :D

Not overwhelmed with the rest of that announcement, but I am making a point of listening to some of the acts I'm unfamiliar with so I'm not completely clueless come August.

From the more recent announcements, can anyone recommend who I should give a listen? I'm a classic rock / indie / scottish rock / ceilidh kinda gal... any suggestions?

Delighted with the Dangleberries, and I have it on very good authority that Rhythm N Reel are also playing :D

Not overwhelmed with the rest of that announcement, but I am making a point of listening to some of the acts I'm unfamiliar with so I'm not completely clueless come August.

From the more recent announcements, can anyone recommend who I should give a listen? I'm a classic rock / indie / scottish rock / ceilidh kinda gal... any suggestions?

I'm sure I'll get a kickin from Jill, but IMO the line up is seriously awful. The lastest announcement is another batch of third rate dross and the overall line up is very weak. Probably enjoy the weekend but it certainly won't be for the line up. Can't see the festie selling out with the current fare on offer