Are all festival goers's under 30

Guest greatesthits

Hi,

This is my first festival, tickets are booked.

I can see from the post that alot of people who attend are quite young.

I'm 38 and my wife is 43, until last year she had never been to a concert or anything, but is a huge music lover, so i took her to see AC/DC at Wembley and she loved it.

So this year i thought i would try Leeds as it's closer to home, larger event etc.

Just wondered what you guys thought (dont flame me lol) are we too old or can we still enjoy this.

Hi,

This is my first festival, tickets are booked.

I can see from the post that alot of people who attend are quite young.

I'm 38 and my wife is 43, until last year she had never been to a concert or anything, but is a huge music lover, so i took her to see AC/DC at Wembley and she loved it.

So this year i thought i would try Leeds as it's closer to home, larger event etc.

Just wondered what you guys thought (dont flame me lol) are we too old or can we still enjoy this.

Edited by Taylor.

I've been two years in a row and i've always seen plenty of older folks in amongst the crowd, all seemingly having a good time. Perhaps you should consider camping in the quieter (brown) campsite to try and avoid the ruthless riff raff of us younger generations, just means you'll get all of the music and atmosphere whilst avoiding the tossers.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. I'm 25 (26 whenever Leeds comes along) and this will be my first Leeds Festival - I'm not exactly 'old', neither are you and your wife, but amongst a crowd of people; some that half your age, you do feel it.

I think on the whole it's a music festival designed to appeal to 'young people' but that's not to say people who are older can't enjoy it too. At the end of the day, if you like the music, it only makes sense to go and see it live, and you'll find that people who are much older bring with them the passion for music whereas a great deal of the younger audience will be there just so that they can update their Facebook status and say "AM @ LEEEEDDDZZZ LOLLZZ!!11" - ie. not care about the music at all.

You'll have a lot of toddlers running around, yes, but if you feel out of place or if any of them give you any hassle, just give them a good old-fashioned stare and they'll soon scurry off to knife somebody else's tent.

Well i am glad to hear that people do go to enjoy the music, guess i didn't really doubt it, was more worried about the wife and how she would feel if it was full of chav's being sick down themselves, becouse they thought they were big and clever drinking more than there bodies could handle

I'm 28 and have been going to Leeds since I was 17. The crowd is quite young compared to other festivals but you won't feel out of place. Most peoiple are there for a good time and don't care what age you are.

Am 30 and the Mrs is 33 and we always go and camp on brown just cos we like to get SOME sleep at night. There are still people up and about all through the night if you feel like chatting, mucking about or whatever. You will both love it. l still remember my first festival (Leeds) 5 years later.

Its the first night that got me the most with all the people still up and about when the sun was coming back up. lol And Welcome to the festival!! :P

Thanks for the replys everyone, were both looking forward to it, will probally camp in Brown or Blue so it's a bit quieter at night, although not adverse to sitting up chatting either if there are decent people around us.