U2 glasto cancelled official

Guest danbailey80

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't going to comment on replacements, but any of those would make me ecstatically happy.

Though having seen them all before, none would get me as excited as I was for U2. Only one act could, and that's Gilmour and/or Waters. Which won't happen.

Still gutted, still grumpy, and still pissed off.

Personally I wasnt going to watch any headliner on the Friday this year - I was going to have a wander with my wife (her 1st time) around arcadia/caberet/shangri-la ect.....Im gutted for the people who did want to see them as they were the biggest band playing this year, my brother and dad will be absolutely gutted, my brother had already said U2's set had all the makings of being legendary, absolutely gutted for you all.

Hopefully they will soften the blow by getting a suitable replacement, theyve got over 4 weeks, hopefully someone of legendary stature will be able to put their ego aside and step up and play.

This is a damn shame for all the decent people on here who were into it, wooderson, langdale, tugger and that. I feel for you.

Not my bag, but don't like seeing people like that disappointed, and I'm sorry for you lot.

It'll almost certainly be dizzee stepping up and that's cool, got no problem with that, I won't be there, but I was never going to be.

One final thought, I really hope that 1) the haters shut the f**k up about Dizzee and 2) we'e not going to have four weeks of w*nkers banging on about who is/should replace U2. I've already seen some daft names bandied about. It ain't going to happen, have a cup of tea and come back to reality.

Bad news for all the U2 fans and for Bono. Whilst I have no love for either U2 or Bono, I hope he gets well soon.

What about these bands to replace U2?

Elbow

Doves

Coldplay

This is a damn shame for all the decent people on here who were into it, wooderson, langdale, tugger and that. I feel for you.

One final thought, I really hope that 1) the haters shut the f**k up about Dizzee and 2) we'e not going to have four weeks of w*nkers banging on about who is/should replace U2. I've already seen some daft names bandied about. It ain't going to happen, have a cup of tea and come back to reality.

The biggest of the "announcement every Tuesday" yet. Gutted for the festival and all U2 fans. Gorillaz seems the obvious replacement. Albarn is friend of the Eavis' and many of their guests on new album already feature on the Friday line-up.

Anyone expected Bowie or Led Zep....get set for a massive disappointment. Macca must be a possibility as he is playing HRC Sunday. I fear it may be Snow Patrol..

You could have said the same for Pulp in 1995.

When the White Stripes pulled out of T in the Park 6 or 7 years ago, The Lips were suddenly elevated to main stage headliners. Despite a large and vocal minority of people not having a clue who they were, they took it up a notch and really pulled a triumph out of the bag.

It would be better than Dizzee Rascal, at least.

Can anyone list the headliners of the Pilton Party over the past 10 years or so? I reckon that would constitute a decent shortlist as they're all good 'friends of the festival'.

Off the top of my head, it includes Coldplay, Doves, Franz Ferdinand... and did Dizzee headline it last year?

Not that I can be bothered to look, but I bet the U2 fan forums are full of people wanting to know how they can get their money back for Glastonbury.

It is a shame, I would have liked to see U2 - not a massive fan, but would have been interesting - but was difficult toss-up between them and Flaming Lips. I'd be more than happy for Coldplay to take their place, as it would make my decision easier*. And Flaming lips should stay on the Other Stage - they'll come over much better on there.

*Anyone wondering which way my choice would go does not deserve to hear my response.