champagne in plastic bottles

Guest muddyslingbax

On 'Heston's 80s Feast', he tried carbonating Blue Nun in a Soda Stream to make fake champagne. Randoms on the streets of The City liked it well enough, so this might be an option.

I've noticed there are often young men around the stone circle selling NO2 canisters. Perhaps they're for people to Soda Stream their white wine?

I saw this in the glasto traditions thread - I'm thinking about giving it a go this year. I know it's not exactly champers (or in a bottle for that matter...) but the poster reckons it's the Italian version of Cava, and pretty drinkable - from Lidl by the way. :P

An alternative is to pour two bottles of champers into a 1.5 litre coke bottle. Fits perfectly and even after the decanting was stil fizzy for the fest!

Also - buy the super cheapo lemonade from asda and use the bottles for your vodka - puts people off nicking it!

I firmly agree, I mean you wouldn't want to get a bad batch for glasonbury now would you. And I think it would be in the interest of everyone if you taste-tested and reported back - think of it as a selfless national service.

In fact, I think it's so selfless that I don't think I could let you go it all by yourself, I may have to join you to ease my conscience!

As a lover of all drinks that are grapebased and bubbly may I warn you against the Lidl Prosecco. It's not that's its totally undrinkable but you won't thank yrself for buying the stuff. We had it last year and I can drink/tolerate most hideous Cavas and other reasonable bubblies but even I had to say no after only half a wee can.

I would suggest going on a serious internet hunt for plastic bottled bubbly. I still can't believe its not publicly available when it should be out there filling the shelves. If Brothers can do it, why can't Hardy's or any of the other half decent sparkling wine makers? Grr.

Cava is Spanish, isn't it? The Italian version of Champagne is Prosecco, I think. That's what's used in making a Bellini, which was created in Harry's Bar in Venice.

A proper sit down restraunt called Malinkeys that was new for last year were selling bottles and glasses of champers, they even had tables and chairs outside where you could sit, sip and watch the world go by. If I remember rightly prices were reasonable restraunt prices so £35-40 for a Moet qulaity bottle I think.

We ate there and the food was amazing!!

Back in 03 you could pick up a bottle of bubbly in the LV Ballroom Bar for a tenner. The drink was decanted into cups admittedly but I had at least 3 bottles of the stuff following my Glasto wedding and honeymoon.

After we ran out of that we took to drinking that Magic Punch up in the Bedouin Cafe - it looked like a scene from a movie, all these people in a comatose state lolling around, or alternatively just sitting grinning :P. We were late for Madness as we had to have "one more"!