Went to the shops and I bought?

Guest NED KELLY

Yesterday I bought a feathered necklace from Claires to complete my daughter's native American costume. I am still yet to buy anything for myself :(

Sadly I've collected quite an array of festival stuff and have nothing left to buy!

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I bought a feathered necklace from Claires to complete my daughter's native American costume. I am still yet to buy anything for myself :(

Sadly I've collected quite an array of festival stuff and have nothing left to buy!

I got a collpsible sink for £4.99 from Aldi yesterday, and a "Sleep lounger", an extra roomy sleeping bag, from Tescos. I am hoping I will be able to sleep in it because I hate sleeping bags but we haven't got enough room in the car for the duvet when we take my mum!

I purchased a shiny new sack trolley , first time I am using one, thought I would take the plunge seeing as im getting old (26!) and my dear ladyfriend is rather petite but wants to take enough beer to feed the german army (NFR NFC).

However after buying I had a panic attack! How receptive are the coaches and drop off mobiles to these being put on/in the luggage compartments. Has anyone had any trouble with this at all?

Been getting some last minute bits and bobs:

• Waterproof jacket and trousers (sacrifice to weather gods)

• airbed (my other seems to deflate a bit too much overnight)

• liner socks (£13 for 2 pairs but well worth it)

• outer socks

• spray bottle (to put sun tan lotion in so i don't have to take my big bottle around with me)

• insect repellent

• 5 pack of lighters (don't work in a pub any more so don't find them!)

Just food, baccy and maybe some more booze to go!

Best buy ever was a large roll of gaffer tape. Now in it's sixth year it has rescued dodgy trolleys, holey tents, flapping space sheets, laceless boots, broken chairs, leaky wellies and the broken back of a mobe phone.

Oh, and gave my gf some interesting ideas...

Here's my list for this week -

2 x battery powered small camping lanterns

1 raincoat

2 boxes muesli bars

1 box of 20 glowsticks (some for sticking on our flagpole at night so we can find our tent easier)

AA batteries

Plasters

Fruit pots

5 disposable barbecues

2 pairs thick socks

2 picnic blankets

Glittery windcatcher for our flagpole

Tinned ravioli

2 packs of 3 vacuum packing bags where you squish the air out.

All from Poundland, grand total was £21! (some stuff was 2 for £1)

For anyone who hasn't been in there, they also do groundsheets, tent pegs (normal & heavy duty), guy ropes, bungee cords, tin plates & mugs, collapsible cups, short tripod seats plus a few other camping bits & pieces. Well worth checking out.

Now all I need is more food & booze....

The Tesco delivery man is my favourite guy this evening. He has just delivered me:

48 cans of Thatchers Gold

1lt Validvar Vodka

2 bottles of ropey tesco red bull type stuff

2 packs of Fig Rolls

2 bottles of water for decanting

My only problem is that the cans have come in 12x 4 packs rather than 2 crates- any ideas for securing them together....? x

Shrugged my shoulders and went out today and bought a new waterproof poncho and pair of waterproof trousers and jacket from my local ex army store. Should, hopefully, guarantee no rain.

bought loads of stuff today (too much probably) but my bargain was a headtorch for £1.49 from Home Bargains, the batteries were extra (10 for 99p) but as i bought 3 headtorches - that works out at £5.46 :)

I've ended up buying loads:

Wellies-£10 priceless shoes

Variety of long socks-£2.50 primark

From Poundland:

Foil Blankets

Memory Foam Insoles

6ft long bungee cords

Loads of food from Home Bargains, plus Pro Plus, some energy shot things for 19p, glow sticks and immodium rip offs

And some Vladivar(?) vodka from Tesco for £11 and 4 cans of pimms, soco and lemonade and G&T. Nearly bought 500ml of bombay sapphire for about £8.30, should have done really.

The Tesco delivery man is my favourite guy this evening. He has just delivered me:

48 cans of Thatchers Gold

1lt Validvar Vodka

2 bottles of ropey tesco red bull type stuff

2 packs of Fig Rolls

2 bottles of water for decanting

My only problem is that the cans have come in 12x 4 packs rather than 2 crates- any ideas for securing them together....? x