Working at Glasto?

Guest ramble on

Don't worry - the litter crews have nowt to do with the bogs, Wateraid do all that.

I did litter picking last year: had a good laugh, would be doing it again but we applied too late because I persuaded some other mates to apply and they didn't get their act together in time. All is well though, managed to get some cheeky spots with Oxfam when they briefly re-opened applications last month.

Feel free to ask any questions about the litter picking lot.

I worked as a car park steward in 2004 and thought it was great. 2 of the 3 shifts were before the friday so didn't have to miss too much of the music, but the 12am-8am shift on the saturday night/sunday morning was a KILLER... had a private campsite and discount on food and the compnay was good. so enjoy!

I know that litterpicking is full but if you look on the official Glasto website then there's options for other sort of work - not sure whether they are still looking or what though?? Worth a shot!

Wanderlei - I think you must be working different shifts or something from me because i have got to do 2 mornings and then 2 afternoons. Don't suppose you know what sort of time the afternoon shifts finish do you??

I'm litter-picking also, Ramble On. Doing Morning litter pick, first time working at Glasto - am expecting a totally different festival experience.

Now, is it an alnighter and sleeping in the afternoon or straight to bed at Midnite? :P

I'm working at the Festival for Oxfam, done it last year and it was really good, 3 shifts over 7 days (1 morning, 1 afternoon, 1 night).

I got really lucky last year and got really good shifts, hardly missed any of the festival, and we were working on the hospitality gate, so the workload wasn't too heavy and got to meet some interesting folk.

Would reccomend it to anyone, but you need to get your applications in for March as Glasto spots fill up quickly.

Hey,

Serial lurker, first post :P so hello!

Its my first year working at Glastonbury this year, so thought I'd pop in and say hi! I'm working the mornings Thursday-Monday, team Shangri-la. Looking forward to it! As a final year student its the only way I can afford to go.

I haven't been to the festival since I was a kiddy of about 8, so don't really remember much - counting this as my first year. Litterpick for my first Glasto, a baptism of fire possibly??