Best trolly or device for carrying stuff from car to campsite?

Guest Ruby77

A bicycle and loads of gaffer/duct tape is GREAT!

Last year I took two bikes and loaded them up with all we could. Were still able to pedal and bombed down to the campsite.

Then all weekend we had bike at our disposal to pop top various places/visit friends. SO much quicker than walking, and arive at diferent stages with your feet ready to stand for 2 hours, not all walked out!

When things got busy / messy / hectic just locked them to a fence and tried to remember where - then just returned later that night when was quiet, or picked up in morning.

Obviously would be RUBBISH in the rain, but meh, were lucky last year.

At night i just put the two bikes in our tent (porch bit) and locked them together - or put them locked to a near by fence.

You can get crappy bikes of ebay for £10 - which you could even flog on the last day.

A good bike rack is about £29 for a universal one off ebay.

Was able to cycle from the recycling centre above the pyramid stage 9near the farm) to stone circle in about 15 mins, the walk is usually 40 to 55mins....

Sack trucks have very low clearance, so are rubbish for the fields. Also made for carrying heavy boxes short distances on nice surfaces...

I'd say (if you don't want to take a bike) golf trolly (don't over load it though, they aren't builtto carry a ton!) or wheelbarrow.

Just be realistic about what you NEED for the weekend... prob not that much...

I don't bother with much food, just malt loaf and sweets and tracker bars, and sod beer take spirits (much lighter and less need to piss all the time) and do you really need that many clothes?

I'd rather go lighter so i can cycle, and save up some cash to take. Most depressing bit is dragging back all the stuff you never used (or worse, ditching it!)

Does anyone have any tips on which trollies are best to help transport stuff from the car?

Was looking at wheelbarrows but that wont fit in the car.

Also looking at those old ladies shopping trollies but not big enough.

Any other ideas? The cheaper the better!

Thanks

If you are in a car it's not so bad really.

Take tents, sleeping bag, mat, rucksack, some beers to keep you going.

Put tents up and empty rucksack into it.

Go back to the car with empty rucksack and load with other stuff, beet etc... Go back to campsite.

That usually works for us.

Might have to pop back to car on Friday/Saturday for rest of stuff but usually that's ok.

One thing - dirty clothes, anything else you realise you don't need/want, if you go back to your car, take them with you and leave them there - saves more messing about when you are packing up.

J

• 4 weeks later...