Reading Festival 2011

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it was me, an my wife had just had a kid a month ago i would be with her over playing r+l. that's if she even she pop's it out on the due date, wich is very uncommon. there might be complications, might be weeks before they even can take baby home- that's pretty common.

I really have no idea how big Death From Above 1979 are in the UK but my Sunday is now (since they got announced for Coachella):

My Chemical Romance

30 Seconds To Mars

Incubus

Death From Above 1979

Feeder

Bring Me The Horizon

Frank Turner

Reel Big Fish

Kids in Glass Houses

Yellowcard

Tool won't sub... Firstly they aren't touring Europe this year as they want to concentrate on their album and Andy Copping has already pretty much confirmed he wants tbem back to headline again. Plus if he didnt I'm sure Gabrailth would love them to headline Soni. Plus Disturbed, Masters of Reality and The Cult really don't seem likely.

Yeah I remembered that so I put up my other post. Hopefully they could maybe sub headline NME now though. What with a split (I heard of them after the split so must be more people like me) and CSS prob helping get them some fans. They have an ace slot at Coachella also which I realise is in USA but yknow.

What about Soundgarden and Tool co-headlining the heavy rock day?? would be f**king tasty! the average reading go-er in yellow, flowery wellington boots would argue that neither is quite big enough for a Reading headlining slot......but co-headlining together would be epic!

Subbed at Ozzfest 2001 and 2002, subbed at Rock Am Ring 2006 and Nova Rock 2006. And Reading is a bigger festival than all of those. And how do you know they are not touring europe this summer? they are touring australia as we speak.

Disturbed, Masters Of Reality, The Cult are all touring this year also

What about Soundgarden and Tool co-headlining the heavy rock day?? would be f**king tasty! the average reading go-er in yellow, flowery wellington boots would argue that neither is quite big enough for a Reading headlining slot......but co-headlining together would be epic!

Ummm no band other than Ozzy or Black Sabbath headline Ozzfest... Bands co headline it though. Like System of a Down co headlined in 2006... christ even Iron Maiden co headlined. Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park they headlined just Rock Am Ring was a co headline with Guns N Roses.. I can't remember the situation with Nova Rock.. But the point is Reading does not do Co headline slots which is a very different beast to a sub headline slot...

Plus to add to this why the hell would a band sub headline if they could headline somewhere else. Download is massive I would headline it if I could over sub headlining a festival where the band prob wouldn't be appreciated.

The band themselves have confirmed it I seem to remember... Can't remember where I read it but they had tons of offers for Europe this year but turned them down and will tour in 2012... It's like how they toured USA one year but didnt tour the rest of the world. Just cause you tour one country doesn't mean you are gonna do a world tour and that is especially true of Tool.

All those bands may be touring but thats like saying oooh Immortal are touring they will blates play Reading. Sonisphere or Download will blates get Disturbed.. just tis faaaar more suitable to them and they would get a much bigger slot and crowd. Masters of Reality were meant to Download last year, will blates make up for it. Do you really count the Cult as a Reading band anymore? Plus no way they would command that sort of slot at it anymore even if they were still suitable. TBH I doubt any of those three bands would have a chance of fitting in with Reading anymore.