Virus?

Guest NeilVJ

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, so much for thinking it was a false positive! Ballsed up by the virus (using bfs iPhone). It came up as an error with adobe, so ran avg straight away and came up with a false virus scanner and then said it couldn't run anything. Been through safe mode, now using rkill and malbytes to get rid. Last time I think it's "he who cannot be named" Twitter trying to score points!!!

Firefox + Adblock Plus = No Ads = No Virus :P

IS THIS THE REASON I DONT HAVE A LESS THAN YEAR OLD LAPTOP FUNCTIONING AT ALL???? :P:P:lol:

Sorry for shouting but I would really like to know so that I can tell the doctors this when they come to pick it up on May 10th cos that is what I have had to do!

I switched on my pooter on Friday night after having technical issues which werent sorted over the phone with the TechGuys at Currys and within 3 mins of the pooter being on the machine just ceased...shut down...never to open again!!! :P

I am now using my dad's ancient old laptop and hope that this thread has the right info I need to check that this one isnt infected too.

Just had a look for that TSSD.exe thing on my dads pooter but I cant see anything. Its just shit and old and slow!

*VERY* false sense of security TBH, that's not necessarily true at all. Just cos you can't see a blocked Ad on the screen doesn't mean it hasn't downloaded and all that. It's not the Ads you can see that are the problem here but more likely something that the Ad server sends at the same time as well that you can't see ... until Windoze decides to launch it in Acrobat in 1 way or another ! You're probably fine for any 1 of several different reasons but blocking Ads is unlikely to be the primary one INHO.

*VERY* false sense of security TBH, that's not necessarily true at all. Just cos you can't see a blocked Ad on the screen doesn't mean it hasn't downloaded and all that. It's not the Ads you can see that are the problem here but more likely something that the Ad server sends at the same time as well that you can't see ... until Windoze decides to launch it in Acrobat in 1 way or another ! You're probably fine for any 1 of several different reasons but blocking Ads is unlikely to be the primary one INHO.
Edited by jamiejc