"Must Sees"

Guest 4AssedMonkey

2 or 3 is about right *unless* you're lucky enough to have a run at the same stage, then you can cram in a few more

I've got: -

FRI

Hot Chip

Flaming Lips

SAT

The National

Editors

Pet Shop Boys

SUN

The Hold Steady

Ray Davies

LCD Soundsystem

Stevie Wonder

Loads of other stuff I want to see but not enough to make a 'must see'. Quite happy with that as some of them are concurrent

• 2 weeks later...

For me its the all about the music, i was able to get in about 10 a day last year, starting from 11am.

I would rather suck back a beer and sit watching a band than be moving around heaps, but again that's just me and the great thing about Glastonbury is you an do whatever the f**k suits you.

I tend to agree that Saturday and Sunday don't look all that great, but that means checking out bans I haven't seen or heard of before.

http://glastoblogger.com

Just one more thing, The Dance Village is on the way from John Peel to the other stage so if you have bands playing that you want to see at those 3 stage areas, you can get from one to the other very quickly

I've got lots to see this year, appreciate that I won't see it all.

Last year I had about 3 all weekend, this year its something like 20.

I got in some pretty solid bimbling last year, not so sure it will be the same this year

Friday I have 5 which fit nicely on the clashfinder

Rolf Harris (2.5hr gap) Seth Lakeman (3hr gap) Ellie Goulding (same stage) Mumford and Sons (1hr gap) U2

Hopefully pick up some interesting things between acts.

Saturday and Sunday will be more chilled (maybe not, lots of things on Saturday at any one time, just no decisions), and by Sunday I'm usually pretty wrecked anyway!

I finally picked my MUST MUST sees.

I had about 25.

But these are the ones I have to be at. Funnily enough I'll go with the flow for the headliners. I'd like to see bits of U2, Flaming Lips, Stevie Wonder, Jackson Browne, Midlake etc... but I'll go with the flow.

Thursday:

Two Door Cinema Club

Beardyman

Local Natives

Friday:

Rolf Harris

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble

Phoenix

Vampire Weekend [bit of Snoop previous]

Broken Bells

U2/Flaming Lips depending

Saturday:

Candi Staton

Jackson Browne

Wild Beasts

Delphic

Al Stewart

Foals

Laura Marling

Muse/Midlake

Sunday:

Fionn Regan

Grizzly Bear

We Are Scientists/The Drums

Imelda May/Broken Social Scene/Faithless

Dirty Projectors

Stevie Wonder/Jackson Browne/Empire of the Sun/Dan le Sac depending

Vast reduction on what I was planning to do!

I've got 3 a day pretty much that i definitely wanna see

Friday

Snoop or Bombay Bicycle Club

Vampire Weekend

Good Shoes

Saturday

Blood Red Shoes

The Cribs

Editors

Sunday

Slash

Ray Davies

Stevie Wonder

Some depend on what the situation with the England game is gonna be tho

I finally picked my MUST MUST sees.

I had about 25.

But these are the ones I have to be at. Funnily enough I'll go with the flow for the headliners. I'd like to see bits of U2, Flaming Lips, Stevie Wonder, Jackson Browne, Midlake etc... but I'll go with the flow.

Thursday:

Two Door Cinema Club

Beardyman

Local Natives

Friday:

Rolf Harris

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble

Phoenix

Vampire Weekend [bit of Snoop previous]

Broken Bells

U2/Flaming Lips depending

Saturday:

Candi Staton

Jackson Browne

Wild Beasts

Delphic

Al Stewart

Foals

Laura Marling

Muse/Midlake

Sunday:

Fionn Regan

Grizzly Bear

We Are Scientists/The Drums

Imelda May/Broken Social Scene/Faithless

Dirty Projectors

Stevie Wonder/Jackson Browne/Empire of the Sun/Dan le Sac depending

Vast reduction on what I was planning to do!

I'll work in in there.

Most those acts have a bit of time in between.

Seriously, I was planning a lot and realised that it was unrealistic.

I've about 5 -6 each day ignoring the headliners.

That's grand.

I'll potter about in the time preceding and following acts. No fear.

I have 4 bands over the weekend that I would class as must sees. Then I have between 5 & 10 highlighted bands that I'd like to see but depends on where I am, whether I can be bothered, if I've been distracted by something completely different.......

As others have said, not planning your Glastonbury is the way to go in my opinion! :P

Surely, some people have read this as 'who I'd like to see' rather than 'must see'? 10 a day?! Even 5 or 6 must-see bands seems stretching it to me. I tend to have 2 or 3 real unmissable acts a day, and then the rest of the time am happy to go with the flow depending on stuff like the weather, what my pals fancy doing, how far it happens to be from where I am to where I'd ideally like to be. Anyone who sets out telling themselves that they must see something in the region of 6 bands a day will have to treat the festival like it's some sort of military exercises. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

I'll work in in there.

Most those acts have a bit of time in between.

Seriously, I was planning a lot and realised that it was unrealistic.

I've about 5 -6 each day ignoring the headliners.

That's grand.

I'll potter about in the time preceding and following acts. No fear.

Surely, some people have read this as 'who I'd like to see' rather than 'must see'? 10 a day?! Even 5 or 6 must-see bands seems stretching it to me. I tend to have 2 or 3 real unmissable acts a day, and then the rest of the time am happy to go with the flow depending on stuff like the weather, what my pals fancy doing, how far it happens to be from where I am to where I'd ideally like to be. Anyone who sets out telling themselves that they must see something in the region of 6 bands a day will have to treat the festival like it's some sort of military exercises. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

At most festivals I'm happy if I catch about 10 decent acts across the weekend, if I see 3-4 decent acts a day I'm happy. So far my vague-ish plans:

Friday:

The Stranglers

Mariachi El Bronx

Snoop Dogg

Hot Chip

The Flaming Lips

Saturday:

Brother Ali

Jerry Dammers Spatial AKA Orchestra

George Clinton

(seriously thinking about spening nearly all day at West Holts, 'cept for maybe a Shakira break!)

Sunday:

Stevie Wonder

Sunday is not the best day, plenty of people I'd see (Slash, Faithless, Stanton Warriors, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, etc), but overall it's the weakest day for me.