MUSICIAN STAGE

EL PUSSYCAT THE GUTHLAXTONES

DAVID FORD MEGAFAUN

POKEY LAFARGE & THE SOUTH CITY THREE

ANDY WHITE BLUE DEMONS

PLUS ACOUSTIC CAFE

Immediate thoughts before it turns into 'Tinchy Stryder OMG':

Gaggle on the main stage? Interesting.

Slow Club/Wave Pictures clash. ARGH. Frankie & The Heartstrings clashing with either the Fall, Caribou or the Invisible too.

The Leisure Society seem a bit far down the bill even for that stage.

Diana Vickers doesn't seem so bad if she's going to be on at about 3pm.

Cool.

A few clashes. Like Stornoway vs Tuung, GoTeam vs Caribou. Think Stornoway and Caribou win though.

Tinchy headlining is a dissapointment but The Invisible are on at the same time so thats alright.

And The Whip late night show is AWESOME! Saw them a couple of years ago and they were f****** brilliant.

Loving Sunday. Junip>LowAnthem>LocalNatives>MumfordAndsons is amazing. Shame they all clash with the DiS stage.

Ah well- looks good :P Looks like I have to artists to listen to

Tinchy Stryder would be by no means my first choice for headliner but I can see the logic that he is likely to have more selling power than the go team at least. I've noticed however that he is on at the University of Leicester summer ball and he isn't even headliner for that! :P

That being said, i think the splits overall for the 3 days are pretty good, there are bands on each day which are worth seeing. Think the sunday in particular is very strong. Guess the proof will be in the pudding with how many tickets they shift this year.

Tinchy Stryder would be by no means my first choice for headliner but I can see the logic that he is likely to have more selling power than the go team at least. I've noticed however that he is on at the University of Leicester summer ball and he isn't even headliner for that! :P

That being said, i think the splits overall for the 3 days are pretty good, there are bands on each day which are worth seeing. Think the sunday in particular is very strong. Guess the proof will be in the pudding with how many tickets they shift this year.

Tinchy will sell tickets, but has even less crossover appeal than The Streets, so I would expect a few hundred day tickets will go to Tinchy fans who won't be interested in much else, and the other 5.n thousand attendees won't be interested in Tinchy and will be watching The Fall/be in the musician tent/hit the bar/call it a night. Why not just put him on at DMH independent of the festival and spend the money on someone that most SSWers will be more likely to want to see? It's not even as though he's very good at what he does, e.g.

hardly f***ing Jay-Z is he?

Blimey tinchey isn't popular is he? And yet there was much less fuss over chipmunk last year? No one is going to be 100% happy with any line up? But there's some amazing stuff on that bill which people are completely over looking! And what you see at ssw this year will be big next year. At least I kind of love the fact that apart from Glastonbury. No other festival would put an x factor contestant and mark e smith on the same bill?

On a more positive note, I saw the futureheads sell out the rescue rooms on Tuesday night and they were utterly blistering. They're on a true return to form currently!

Friday night does look as rough as a badger's posterior.

I'm horrified that three of the bands I REALLY wanted to see - The Go! Team, Caribou and The Invisible all clash. I'm not really sure why they'd clash three artists who occupy the same rough dance-based ball park.

Nightmare!

Edited by llcoolphil

Actually the Friday evening's not so bad - as far as I can tell you've got a choice between Slow Club, the Wave Pictures and Jason & The Scorchers, all very decent live bands in their own way, and I'm keen to see what Steve Mason's current live incarnation is like.

There's a question - what clashes are you not looking forward to?

Blimey tinchey isn't popular is he? And yet there was much less fuss over chipmunk last year? No one is going to be 100% happy with any line up? But there's some amazing stuff on that bill which people are completely over looking! And what you see at ssw this year will be big next year. At least I kind of love the fact that apart from Glastonbury. No other festival would put an x factor contestant and mark e smith on the same bill?

On a more positive note, I saw the futureheads sell out the rescue rooms on Tuesday night and they were utterly blistering. They're on a true return to form currently!