Camp Triangle 2010 - 4th Year

Guest Camp_Triangle

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been reading another thread about best place to camp and when it came to best n worst of Pennards it said (top of) prone to flooding.However it did mention that new drainage has been installed since 05. It's my 3rd glasto and i' ve never camped in pennards/ before and after reading the aforementioned thread i'm not sure if i'll camp there this year. Seeing as it's not going to r*** it shouldn't matter about flooding and drainage or should it???? Discuss please. :)

Edited by podge52

Just been reading another thread about best place to camp and when it came to best n worst of Pennards it said (top of) prone to flooding.However it did mention that new drainage has been installed since 05. It's my 3rd glasto and i' ve never camped in pennards/ before and after reading the aforementioned thread i'm not sure if i'll camp there this year. Seeing as it's not going to r*** it shouldn't matter about flooding and drainage or should it???? Discuss please. :)

Pennards is a massive field and the flooding in 2005 was down at the bottom next to the railway line prior to massive drainage improvements.

is much further up the hill - if we flood up there I reckon the Pyramid will be underwater ... ;)

It is going to be a scorcher anyway and there will be no downpours this year ! (fingers crossed). :)

For those uncertain as to the location of it is in the area of 'P' in Pennards on this map ...:)

pennardsmap.png

Hope this helps as Pennard's Hill campsite is massive !!!!

Dave

Edited by DaveMac

Hi all,

I've been out the loop keeping up with as i have been crazy busy with work and away from the internet. Coming on my own as my friend had to pull out so looking to camp with you guys. I camped in Pennards last year so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to find you guys! Hopefully arriving about midday.

Hi all,

I've been out the loop keeping up with as i have been crazy busy with work and away from the internet. Coming on my own as my friend had to pull out so looking to camp with you guys. I camped in Pennards last year so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to find you guys! Hopefully arriving about midday.

Silly question but is there a very obvious flag that will be flown within seconds of the first scouting party arrival at Base Camp? (Sorry if I have missed this announcement and pictures.)

I know we didnt sort it last year and when we finally did, it was far too late for some people and we were never found by some :(

Dont underestimate Pennards though folks. You might think its super easy to find a camp of 100+ people but dont forget that there are about 10,000 others in the field too.

Memorise those maps and locations. If it helps, consider this (and probably I'm repeating others here):

Get to the 'base' of Pennards (the railway track is the marker line) just after the last entrance into Park Home (if approaching from the west) - or if approaching from the East, the last entrance into Pennards before you get to Park Home.

Walk up the pathway stretching up the slight hill ahead of you making sure you have a bloody great big hedge RIGHT next to you on your right. Once you get to the final 100-200 metres before the next obvious path that crosses into Park Home and the Park itself, look to your left and shout, wave, phone, dance a jig and look around for markers for The Triangle of Redness.

The map that has been posted (try turning it upside down in your minds) cos as always, the trouble with Glasto is North feels South and South feels North! Eep! Always try and remember - Up hill is south when you are on the railway track!

Apologies if I am butting my nose in CT organisers.

See you all there some time on Wednesday be it in a camping or visiting capacity.

Silly question but is there a very obvious flag that will be flown within seconds of the first scouting party arrival at Base Camp? (Sorry if I have missed this announcement and pictures.)

I know we didnt sort it last year and when we finally did, it was far too late for some people and we were never found by some :(

Dont underestimate Pennards though folks. You might think its super easy to find a camp of 100+ people but dont forget that there are about 10,000 others in the field too.

Memorise those maps and locations. If it helps, consider this (and probably I'm repeating others here):

Get to the 'base' of Pennards (the railway track is the marker line) just after the last entrance into Park Home (if approaching from the west) - or if approaching from the East, the last entrance into Pennards before you get to Park Home.

Walk up the pathway stretching up the slight hill ahead of you making sure you have a bloody great big hedge RIGHT next to you on your right. Once you get to the final 100-200 metres before the next obvious path that crosses into Park Home and the Park itself, look to your left and shout, wave, phone, dance a jig and look around for markers for The Triangle of Redness.

The map that has been posted (try turning it upside down in your minds) cos as always, the trouble with Glasto is North feels South and South feels North! Eep! Always try and remember - Up hill is south when you are on the railway track!

Apologies if I am butting my nose in CT organisers.

See you all there some time on Wednesday be it in a camping or visiting capacity.

If I arrive early enough on site I shall still run round to give you the Red Triangle bunting I still have from last year. I may not be on site now a day early but will still endeavour to have some indication of red trianglyness in the area.

AND here's an idea...how's about maybe trying to string some of the bunting to the hedge along the roadway as a possible indicator of the length and location of CT? (That one just popped into me brain! :D) I lifted a few cable ties from work today but string would work just as well.

Edited by LusciousLucy

Really considering joining your triangle as previously stated!

Few concerns though, not really a regular poster so a little worried most people are all fairly well acquainted? Also I will be like a headless chicken trying to navigate glasto!!

Really considering joining your triangle as previously stated!

Few concerns though, not really a regular poster so a little worried most people are all fairly well acquainted? Also I will be like a headless chicken trying to navigate glasto!!

Edited by Camp_Triangle